Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Ice race of the [email protected] Sandbar in Tropical Milton/S Hero VT.
The course will be a long one this year 1-1.5 mile road course. Tires will be open so bring what you have. I personally did some test drilling and we have plenty of ice for the event. I'll post more details as they become available.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Nice.... the one weekend i have free... should be fun....

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Saweet I think I'll try to make this one as well. Prolly just be a lot of sittin and spinning with the junk snows I have on there now, but hey, why not :)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
junks snows with quattro will be better then junks snows spinning one wheel. and aaron.... any chance you could bring that radiator this sunday... I will be there with 100 in hand.

Jared

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jared,

Yes I will bring the radiator for you. Also a note to anyone else that wants to come. Its going to be at the Sandbar(across the road from Sandbar state park). I posted to the dubs north forum a general invite,but they all seemed to think that is was a fender crunch festival. So for the record I'll say it again.
We have never...ever made contact with our cars on the ice. I hate doing body work so I would prefer to lose rather than try the John Wayne moves.
This is NOT...repeat NOT an SCCV event!!!! I'm also saying that I never ever said that the SCCV didnt have fun. I did in fact mention that WE have fun.
Our event is free. SCCV is $15-$20 for what I'm not sure,but its our belief that the lake is for all to enjoy. We as a club have no insurance,but we all have our personal insurance coverage. The first event will be a time trial followed by an elimination event with two cars running at the same time.
After that will be an awards ceremony with prizes...yes prizes. Don't get to
excited because we wont be handing out cat-backs or ice-man intakes.
It will be a surprise so you'll just have to wait and see. We are all friends
at this event so leave work at work,and home at home. The ice is a majical place were all your troubles "melt" away. If you don't want to race you are welcome to take ask to ride along. I will be glad to take a rider myself. Please no dogs,little kids( without supervision) or attitude.
The event should start around 10 p.m. ,but I will be at the track at the crack of dawn getting the ice fishymen to find another spot/set up. Any help would be great,but I don't mind doing it alone (I love it). If you want to come get some practice laps no problem.

Later,
Aaron

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry 10 a.m. not 10 p.m.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I might be able to show up an hour of so early if you want some help... also... do you know of any place around VT to get a helmet... I have wanted to buy one for auto x and if possible would like to find one before this weekend... any ideas??

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll see if I can dig up some loaner helmets.

Aaron

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
hey are you guys gonna get some video of it? that would be cool!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey,

I have a friend thats going to video for us. All we need is web space.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
so is this going to happen across from the sandbar park as stated on here... or that other location that you posted on the dubsnorth page???

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey,

Sandbar state park. Dis-regard anything on the dubs north site concerning our ice racing. I was trying to get some cool people to come and hang out with us. Well for some reason the rumor machine got wound up and spewed some garbage so I spewed some Garbage back at them. almstvw( the guy with the beat up white 4kq) pete started in with his BS about how we make contact etc etc etc. Well to be honest,from what I've been hearing most of the other ice race clubs go wheel to wheel. They might have the occasional time trial but not very often. Actually you can read more at.......www.icerace.com. They have a daily driver class with a guy running a brand new porsche and have no problems. The rule is "make contact and your done". Easy right!!!! Time trials is just Auto-x on the lake right? 90 percent of the guys at our event will be driving Audi's.We might have a WRX,and a 300Z,but mostly Audi. We don't charge anything,and we have some good laughs.

Aaron
[/code]

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey,

please bring helmets with you if you have any.

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Alright, looks like I'm all set, and will get my ass out the door as soon as possible tomorrow morning. Anyone got a cell phone # I can ring if I can't find the place? Is it pretty obvious where you're running once I get to the state park?

Any spots where I shouldn't go on the ice to get out there? Wouldn't care for a sunken audi before the fun started :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey,

Ok this will be easy. After you get of the highway and your heading to the Islands start looking for sings for Sandbar state park. We will be in a parking lot on the opposite side of the road. You can't miss us! 802-343-8287 is my cell #

Word,
Aaron oh yea bring helmets

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Awesome, yea I'll have my helmet, and may have an extra one as well if someone needs one. Not the bestest things in the world (they're motocross helmets for the dirtbikes :-D) but they get the job done and are snelled.

See you tomorrow, I'll try to be there early to help setup.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was just out on the ice in my p-up. Its at least 16" deep according to my test drill. My car wouldnt start so I might be a tad laet in the morning.
Whenyou start seeing crosswalk signs get ready to make a left turn into the snowy parking lot.

Aaron

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
The VT curse strikes the 90tq again. Last time it was a simple intake hose explosion, this time it was a lil more...

Left the house at a crisp (-11f) 4:30am this morning, got most of the way there, then upon climbing a hill under full boost having a little fun the ECU went out of sync with the trigger wheel (it's done it once or twice before, was planning on replacing the sensor and regapping it) anyway... full boost up a hill, suddenly spark is 180 degrees off now, so all sorts of raw fuel is dumping into the exzorst, resulting in what I believe is a nicely melted down catalytic converter. The car refired right away (once I cycled the ignition) but the car now sounds a lil wheezy and hasn't got any kind of grunt, or boost. I can get maybe 7psi out of it, then the needle just drops down to like 4psi and you can hear engine is plugged right up, and has a hard time getting any kind of revs out of it.

So, rather than completing the trip, I had to painfully turn the thing around and trudge back home :frustrated: :x :x

So, roughly 5 hrs of driving later, one warning ticket for speeding, and one melted kitty I sit here, wishing I was there. Cest la vie...

Not to worry, I'll make the next one if I have to drag the damn car there! The kitty is getting replaced by a 'test pipe' in a couple hours and with any luck we'll be under full power once again. :roll:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
wow.... I just got towed home after driving about 15 min and having some electrical issues... now the damn thing won't run. Damn cold weather and my weak wiring skills. I guess Vt Gatherings just arn't meant to be. Now I have to go test a bunch of wires in the cold..... and the car is dead with my window down.... and i have no vehicle to jump it with.... shit. Fun with audis in the cold.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
aaron.... might be able to drive to burlington tomorrow if my car is alive to pick up the rad... otherwise i will get a check in the mail monday.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts