Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Obviously i'm new here so please be patient :D

I'm just getting started installing the stage 1 on a N/A Rabbit with a modified 2L engine. I'll be using a 16v Passat Tbody, Audi 4000 watertemp, and a 94 golf IAT. I'll also be using a 3bar FPR on a Digifant fuel rail with the 2L Bosch 16ohm injectors. I'm expecting roughly 150hp at the crank. I also should note that i'm using the independent VW knock sensing ignition.

Is it possible for me to run all 4 injectors off of one driver? Am I asking for trouble?

Thanks!
Steve Schilling

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
I believe Jim Green at one point had 2 injectors per output before he switched to a single set of larger primary injectors.

4 might be pushing it, that's a lot of load. Javad might be able to answer that question better than I can.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't realize sequential fire was an option with the first generation 034.

The reason for using 4 on one driver is ease of install. The Digifant fuel rail i'm using has an integrated wiring harness with the injectors paralleled into one terminal. It's not a big deal really, for me to wire them individually, just thought I might get lucky.

Now is this a sequential only unit or can I do batch fire if I choose?

Thanks for the heads up!

Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like i'll be scrapping the factory harness.

Thanks for the input! I can't wait to get this car running. I have a feeling the system will be installed long before I can drive the car(stored for the winter)

Steve

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
You can come wire up my car, a melted trigger wire that slipped between my heat shield and downpipe has prompted a gutting of the engine bay wiring and plumbing wise. Hopefully this weekend I'll have the new buttoned down install back on the road. :frustrated: I hate doing work that doesn't make your car go faster :tard:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ouchie! I so totally don't want that to happen, and I think i'm going to be extra paranoid about my fuel line routing for that reason.

I can definitely relate however. I've spent more time than I care to admit going backwards because of "the insignificants"

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Yes, Jim is totally correct, it is sequential and you should run 1 injector off each driver.

Keep us posted and if you'd like to be a featured user.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts