Automobiles Forum banner

Is anyone parting a CQ?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  EuroAudi80Cq 
#1 ·
It's been a while I don't see any listings.

I'm looking for the rear washer nozzle/sprayer and the retaining clip that holds it to the roof. In the likely scenario that this is likely difficult to come by, anyone have any idea what might work as another solution? I think there are some waterproof sealants, but that seems drastic. I guess maybe it won't seem so drastic if I cannot come by the correct retaining clip.

#4 · (Edited)
I have the newer style nozzle which has threads at the base which makes me believe it is updated with washer and nut per your comment. I see Audi also lists what looks like a clip (NLA) that secures the old style?

However, how is it then secured to the roof? Maybe I need to pull the trim underneath and attach it that way? I'm terrified to pull that trim cover at the top of the hatch as that is notorious for breaking the brittle clips which cannot be replaced.

Unfortunately when I removed the old nozzle it went flying and I am unable to locate it.

#5 · (Edited)
That clip you linked is for the hose/line. Yeah the trim has to come off. In the bentley manual it shows it clipping in just like the ones on the hood for the windshield. So yes updated part 895955957A uses a nut and washer and the original 895955957 clips in.

#8 ·
It's been a while I don't see any listings.

I'm looking for the rear washer nozzle/sprayer and the retaining clip that holds it to the roof. In the likely scenario that this is likely difficult to come by, anyone have any idea what might work as another solution? I think there are some waterproof sealants, but that seems drastic. I guess maybe it won't seem so drastic if I cannot come by the correct retaining clip.
Contact Branden Garst-The car is a B3 Audi coupe that was bought to be a partout. The story goes that the previous owner attempted to create a RS2 clone-it was a long time project and that owner stopped paying his bills to the mechanic who was assembling it. Brendan paid his bill to obtain the car with his consent, when he chose not to finish it. Brendan is a B2 person, has two UrQuattros and a Coupe GT that benefited significantly from some of the parts on this part out car. The rest he is selling to recoup; it was a pricey car for a parts car. Its a not-particularly clean half pearl half silver car with a black B4 hood. The car drove 7 miles after its motor swap from the 7A to a 3B/RS2 setup.

He’s not much for B3/B4; there was a foundation to take that car and run with it, but it would have taken a ton to finish, the interior was a mess (very clean parts, but fully disassembled and wiring everywhere, not his thing), the body needs, and lack of interest in B3/4 is what kept him from taking it as a project as it sat. Kind of a shame but the more He’s taken apart the more he’s felt justified in parting it from certain things he’s found. He apparently has a lot of cool S2 and B3 performance bits that he is going to list on eBay as boxyb3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.