Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried calling and got a busy tone. Their website is down and the Ebay site has
nothing listed for awhile.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Remembering the prices they wanted for even the simplest of parts, it wouldn't surprise me.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Elev said:
Yes. Closed during the winter. Regardless if they were expensive or not this is a tragedy.
I'm not saying its a good thing to lose another parts supplier. The problem is a lot of these places charge a very high premium for the parts to these ageing vehicles.

·
Administrator
12,584 Posts
I would hope someone buys the business or they list everything on ebay lots of rare good condition parts. Considering we can barely buy new parts anymore prices don't really matter.

·
Registered
918 Posts
The business and LLC name was
"Shokan Coachworks" so how
do you figure Audi busted them
for anything?

Lots of other Audi salvage yards
around. Quattrosports USA,
Force 5, Audis4parts.com, Wolf Auto,
Branif, Lifetime Audi, Tom's foreign.

·
Super Moderator
4,098 Posts
landfill said:
for anything?

1., im not figuring anything out (i work for a company whos running audi racing), i just simple re-posted what a guy who used to work there (and now works for the competitor next door) stated.
2., audis problem with shokan is not new, regarding trademark
3., just because those companies didnt get busted (yet) doesnt mean that wont or could.

·
Registered
302 Posts
landfill said:
for anything?

VW/Audi encouraged (maybe not a strong enough word but you get the point) a local independent repair shop to adjust business cards to remove logos.

I'd think that least three of the names listed above are targets for the VAG lawyers.
Hopefully those vendors can find a middle ground with VAG and hang around to support us.

Jack

·
Registered
394 Posts
well, that's a shame.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The trademark issue is not why they closed, that's super old news and was settled years ago. In fact Audi USA would recommend buying used parts from Shokan if you ever asked them about getting parts from Audi Tradition.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
918 Posts
So many shops in FL & CA
have the Audi logo on their
business cards, letterheads,
and websites just as described
in that lawsuit. I don't know
how any of this shit matters.

They're going to sue every
Audi garage, parts vendor,
tuning company, etc?

·
Registered
2 Posts
for anything?

Hi landfill. In a search for headlight replacements for my '01 allroad, I just found this thread. Thank you SO much for your listing of parts suppliers! Just talked to Audis4parts and snagged a very clean OEM pair for a fraction of every other price I've seen. Owner Phil Roberts is knowledgeable and helpful. Take care, and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
AUDI PARTS
In a search for headlight replacements for my '01 allroad, I found a thread with input from landfill with a great listing of parts suppliers! [Quattrosports USA, Force 5, Audis4parts.com, Wolf Auto, Branif, Lifetime Audi, Tom's foreign]
Just talked to Audis4parts and snagged a very clean OEM headlight pair for a fraction of every other price I've seen. Owner Phil Roberts is knowledgeable and helpful. Two thumbs up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts