Automobiles Forum banner

Is there a 3071 chip tuning option for the 3b?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Fbatwork 
#1 ·
After realizing that I'm wholly incapable of tuning an 034 system, I was excited about the idea of a chip tune on my new 200 20v, but it looks like the only GT3071 chip tune option is for the AAN. Is there a 3B chip tune that just isn't listed? Or am I stuck trying to make the IIC work again?

#2 ·
I would just tune with motronic (EFIexpress) or go with VEMS vs the rip chip....IFAIK the tuning on those is not 100% and you will have some issues: stumbling/idle/uneven power- torque curves etc.....not all will be your problem. Do a search about it and get all the info you can as with any product.

But if your car is not already in "great" running shape, tunes will exaggerate those weaknesses.

#3 ·
My 3b in my 5k with a k26 and VEMS peaking at 20 psi and tapering way off vs my buddies Urs4 with a 3071 and 034 tuning was such a close race it wasn't even funny.

To be fair. They need to tune for reliability and safety.

#5 ·
A20V200 said:
I would just tune with motronic (EFIexpress) or go with VEMS vs the rip chip....IFAIK the tuning on those is not 100% and you will have some issues: stumbling/idle/uneven power- torque curves etc.....not all will be your problem. Do a search about it and get all the info you can as with any product.

But if your car is not already in "great" running shape, tunes will exaggerate those weaknesses.
Maybe--I have a hard time believing that the tune shipped by 034 would not be pretty well vetted though. VEMS seems like a great option, but I'm not sure I understand its value "above" that of the 034 system (except that Marc lives in the NEast and you can go bother him in person).

yodasfro said:
Simple convert your 3B harness to AAN add a set of coils and then you can run the AAN tune. You'll also need an AAN ecu. But vems is probably easier/about the same price.
That's an interesting thought. Thanks Austin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.