Automobiles Forum banner
421 - 425 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
I got some time to myself out in the shop last night and was able to get a couple things done. First was to swap on another oil filter housing. I guess I got a little too ambitious with trying to remove one of the oil lines so I could make room for installing the starter.

Starter and replacement housing are in now. And I mocked up the AC dryer and oil cooler. They are trying to occupy the same space and the cooler is pretty crusty…I think I might buy an aftermarket cooler and fit some -10AN hoses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
I’ve been wrestling with the issue of fitting an intercooler on my swap for a while. I originally bought the 3B S2 core support and IC, but that’s a no go with my non-s2-style euro bumper. I am willing to pay up for one, but finding one is pretty tough.

With my bumper, the only useable space I can see is where the OEM auxiliary radiator once lived. Last year I thought I had a 2 pass IC that would work, but it’s too long to fit in between the headlights with hoses attached.

My latest attempt involves a small single pass IC and fabricating a custom core support. Things are looking good so far, just waiting on a 2.25” aluminum pipe that goes underneath the IC. Just need to add some tabs or spacers to keep it from coming in contact with the harmonic balancer and AC compressor.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·
Well, I ended up getting an S2 style bumper and am glad to use the OEM IC and crossmember. I had a little time in the shop to make some more headway on the reassembly. I think I have the entire engine harness all lined out and connected, as well as the hoses/lines for turbo discharge, fuel, evap and vacuum systems.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
Was out in the shop yesterday and it seems I took some steps back and some forward. Had to redo some of the coolant lines that run along the side of the block in order to get everything to fit. Was having clearance issues with the after run pump, fan shroud, PS lines, radiator and AC condenser. I think I got it all sorted, but need to make an extension for the wires going to the after run pump. Also, was able to bleed the brake system.

421 - 425 of 425 Posts