Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I'm looking for a hydraulic pressure accumulator for my '91 Audi 90 Quattro 20V. I've just rebuilt most of the power steering pump and that seems to have alleviated a few problems, but the red BRAKE dash light still comes on at idle when the brakes are pressed. When the brakes are released, it goes away. The pedal also feels slightly shaky as it slowly goes to the floor. It doesn't feel completely unsafe, but it is obviously something I want to get fixed.

Unrelated to that problem, I also seem to have occasional of hesitation in throttle response, but the car hasn't been driven in months, so it's hard to tell what might be the problem. Going to go out and pull codes in a bit. Other things on my to-do list: fix handbrake, get an alignment, and weld in a new catalytic converter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it depends on the price. Can you point me in the direction of a rebuild option? I'd be willing to try a "good" working one for the right price, but just by the nature of these, it's risky. So... I'd lean toward a rebuild unless it's prohibitively expensive.

Also, just pulled codes. The only one it's outputting is 1231 for transmission speed sensor, which is a code I've never had before, nor something I've noticed being a problem before. I haven't actually driven the car though since the battery has been disconnected, so maybe that's part of it.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have a complete bomb setup i literally just pulled from my 200 tonight if you want/need it. dunno if its the same for the 90. just give me 40+shipping. worked fine.

accumulator and booster included.

·
Registered
254 Posts
What does he charge for a bomb? I don't think I have ever typed that sentence before!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I dont know if they are interchangable but i have an ATE bomb from my URQ that has ~7-8k miles on it. Was bought new from 034($250).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@porschenut and @yodasfro: I emailed him two mornings ago and haven't heard back yet. Is he usually prompt and I should try again or just wait? I'm... slightly in a hurry. The car is taking up my mom's garage until i get the bomb. Of course, if I'm not going to get it any time soon at all, I'll just take it out and give up for a while.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I forgot that I have a used one from a 91 200 but don't know how many miles are on it. I can send it to you if you pay for shipping. If it works, make me an offer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I appreciate the offer, but for now I think I'll wait and see if I can get a response from Dave Kase. His service is pretty reasonably priced and then I would have a known good unit. I just don't want to have to swap it out twice if I can avoid it. I might take you up on it though if I can't get a hold of him for some reason.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So what does he charge so I know for future reference? It's not if I have to replace it, it's when!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just heard back from him. He has to check to see if he has the right style for my car, but he did let me know that the core charge has increased to $50 since he was still not getting the dead accumulators back. Just wanted to update you all on that!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@varia: I just didn't catch what you were actually asking at the time. I have the old one on my car, so I'll send that back to him when I get it all sorted out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts