Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I'm looking for a shop in New England that can repair hydraulic lines. Just want to redo the leaky like from the p/s pump to the rack, but I know I won't be able to come across just the new fittings themselves. I do know of JPM hydraulic in Lowell, although I called and they weren't too sure if they would be able to pull off the fittings and reuse them, I guess I could try to source a new (as new as 23 year old hoses can get ) and replace it like that, but would rather not have to face the leaky line again any time soon

*Thus far I came across a GATES 352085 hose, though I don't believe that is the one from pump to rack

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my2000apb said:
most napa's can make hoses
I work at a shop too I can make them here, but its a matter of re using the actual fittings that go to the pump and to the rack. Thats where I'm having the problem, I can't source just the fittings

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my2000apb said:
most places CAN reuse the fittings
Im a bit weary of myself giving it a shot, because I never have luck so I guess I'll call em back and see what they can do. Thank you sir

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
yup, also big truck places are better at reusing fittings as they uses a lot of weird and huge stuff that's not so easily replaceable as well

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my2000apb said:
yup, also big truck places are better at reusing fittings as they uses a lot of weird and huge stuff that's not so easily replaceable as well
Any recommendations , only "big truck" place I have around here is estes, and even then I doubt I can just walk in and have them rebuild a hose

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had my high pressure line repaired at a hydraulic hose shop. They reused the fittings from the old hose, but the angle is a bit off and now it's a real pain to get lined up square with the port on the pump.

Should also be noted that if you're talking about your CQ, just get it from Rockauto if it's still there. Last I checked, those hoses were cheaper than it was to get mine repaired.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NInetyQ said:
I had my high pressure line repaired at a hydraulic hose shop. They reused the fittings from the old hose, but the angle is a bit off and now it's a real pain to get lined up square with the port on the pump.

Should also be noted that if you're talking about your CQ, just get it from Rockauto if it's still there. Last I checked, those hoses were cheaper than it was to get mine repaired.
I went on there, didn't even have a listing for any ps hoses, I went elsewhere and found the gates p/n, went to rock auto with that and they have it for about $40, though I wasn't too sure whether that was the correct hose or not

Edit* they have the pressure hose listed for the a '90 90, but I also updated my ps to the later model, which could be my issue, but iirc, the pressure hose didn't change from the early style pump to the later

·
Registered
150 Posts
What is your pump's part number? I can't think of mine right off the top of my head, but it is a later one for my '91 90. If you look under '91 90 SOHC (which, by the way, was there such a thing? They didn't list SOHC and DOHC before), I think that's still the correct line depending on which hose you need.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NInetyQ said:
What is your pump's part number? I can't think of mine right off the top of my head, but it is a later one for my '91 90. If you look under '91 90 SOHC (which, by the way, was there such a thing? They didn't list SOHC and DOHC before), I think that's still the correct line depending on which hose you need.
I'll have to look when I'm out of work. Yoda might know, I got it from him. I'll have to check it seems all the hoses they list are pretty much the same, as when I went under the "sohc" which I don't think exists lol, they list the gates number I had came across elsewhere

·
Administrator
12,595 Posts
I helped someone find a new one that came from O'Reilly Auto Parts which with somewhat of a struggle fit. Unfortunately there are no O'Reilly's in the NE. I'd be wary of ordering something without a picture or anything at all from rockauto. The hoses can be rebuilt but the place that does it needs to know what they are doing to incorporate the factory restrictor(or make a new one) otherwise the hose will vibrate and make noise at idle and parking lot speeds. No changes to the pump to rack hose at the pump end fitting year to year.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
audiPete said:
http://jpmhydraulics.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I had called them earlier on, and they said they couldn't re use the fittings, although maybe the person I spoke with didn't know much about what they were talking about

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
So drive the 15 minutes there with the hoses amd show them

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
yodasfro said:
I helped someone find a new one that came from O'Reilly Auto Parts which with somewhat of a struggle fit. Unfortunately there are no O'Reilly's in the NE. I'd be wary of ordering something without a picture or anything at all from rockauto. The hoses can be rebuilt but the place that does it needs to know what they are doing to incorporate the factory restrictor(or make a new one) otherwise the hose will vibrate and make noise at idle and parking lot speeds. No changes to the pump to rack hose at the pump end fitting year to year.
VIP auto has been purchased by oreilly's and they are slowly being converted and isn't advanced auto a relabeled Reilly's?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
This place can do just about anything. And I'm pretty sure they can do it via mail.
http://www.spokanehose.com/

I've had them build brake lines, Clutch Slave lines, PS Lines, Tractor Hydraulic hose lines, etc. Usually they re-use my OEM Fittings.

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
zarati said:
This place can do just about anything. And I'm pretty sure they can do it via mail.
http://www.spokanehose.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've had them build brake lines, Clutch Slave lines, PS Lines, Tractor Hydraulic hose lines, etc. Usually they re-use my OEM Fittings.
sweet

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.