Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey nate or javad, I was curious as to whether or not a chip is necessary in the case where I have the 034 for fuel and mac11 for ignition. I have a 2 bar W/G spring(not yet installed), does the chip modify the timing enough to where I would need it? i have my mac11 powered up by a relay off my 4kq ignition and my fuel pump will not be affected by the cutout. I just need to know if the chip is necessary or not.

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Totally depends on the chip, some only move the cutoff for the fuel pump up to a higher boost level w/o remapping the ignition maps at all. The stock maps stop at ~1.6bar, and the timing is static from that point on. From what I've heard Scott Mockrey's chip and Ned's both do remap the timing tables, both for more aggressive timing, and to provide accurate compensation for add'l boost. I have no idea if the QLCC chips remap the timing tables, I'm sure others here will though.

I had emailed Scott a couple times asking if I could get one of his chips just for the remapped timing tables, and he was willing to work something out with me, so that would be an option to look into.

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Wizard-of-OD said:
why not run the fuel pump direct?
therefore you wouldnt have to worry about fuel cut...
derracuda said:
i have my mac11 powered up by a relay off my 4kq ignition and my fuel pump will not be affected by the cutout.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DOH!! :slap:

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
I am currently in the exact same situation. Does anyone have a chip recommendation for 15-20 psi running megasquirt fuel and mac11 for spark?

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
Bueller?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts