Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be time for me to do one of these since it's a never ending job with this car.

Long story short, I got it, say about 5-6 years ago, from my uncle, (Thanks audipete)

First, I had absolutely no Idea of the car itself, what it was worth and the rarity for that matter. I was skeptical about it, but as a gift and my first car (besides the '86 ss)

So, thanks to my father and uncle for all the work put into it for say atleast the first three years, to get it road worthy and safe, and do the things I had no idea how to do. I would watch, and try to learn and figured I'd start to really crack down on it myself. I'm mechanically inclined for sure, but going from a chevy 350 to the 7a was a completely different ball game. I started browsing online and gathering all the info I could, constantly reading through forums hours upon hours. Then came the bentley manual handed down to me, possibly life changing event. I dove into that and just started to go through things on my own. Eventually came here, after stumbling across it online and I can't find myself looking for answers anywhere else. My addiction to audi grew after driving this haven driven this all through my high school years and currently still my daily. I love being able to drive pretty much anywhere and not look and see someone driving the same car as me. The awd spoiled me by far, and so did the 5 cylinder motor, and just good ol german engineering, But enough story telling

The car,
1990 Coupe crystal silver
260,xxx and counting

To this day
-Waterpump
-Timing Belt
-VC Gasket
-Intake Gasket
-TB Gasket
-Ron Davis Radiator
-Denso wires
-034 injectors
-Distributor with brass gear
-Replaced any possible vacuum line I could get my hands on
-K&N Cone filter, custom intake box made up
-Upgraded to late style p/s pump and bomb
-Half shafts all around
-Control Arms all around
-Strut mounts all around
-Front tie rods
-Wheel bearings all around
-Crossed/slotted rotors all around, until I warped them :frustrated:
-Stainless brake lines
-205/50r16 with OZ hydras
-Stebro Exhaust
-B4 front end conversion, currently have depos, still figuring out relay wiring for the euro b4s
-Hid 4300k headlight/ 3000k foglights
-Slowly replacing all hardware with stainless

Parts on the way
-Bolt thru knock sensors
-Coolant Temp Sensor
-p/s reservoir (Thanks Dean16v)
-delrin diff mount (Thanks FrostyFlax)
-solid 35mm t/b plate for some testing

Feelers/Soon To Come
- 034 Track density mounts all around < Edit * Probably going for something more streetable, or waiting for the sizing issues to be worked out
- 034 chromoly tie rods < Edit * Going for a more streetable option
- 034 snub mount/bracket
- S2 Hub conversion
- 4k rear sway bar
- 2Bennett Coilover
- 2Bennett rear strut tower bar (Have the Jamex front, just haven't installed
- New paint :D

Need to rebuild the rear calipers e brakes freeze up, replaced cables, pb blasted the ever living sht out of the return springs and anything else I could get at, still nothing..

Pics will come soon, once she looks clean enough to do so

Cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
wow, certainly have done quite a bit of work to it already! i'm jealous of all that maintenence stuff lol. i kinda bypassed that and went for the expensive stuff on my coupe. now i'm backtracking.

just a suggestion, "if" you get the chromoly tie rods, make sure not to get the spherical joints, because your car is a daily, you'd prefer not to be constantly greasing them up. I actually suggest taking the stock arms out, replacing the 14mm adjuster with a 17mm adjuster (pm me for info on where to get that), and delrin inner bushings on the inner steering arms. Better for daily purposes and cheaper then the chromoly ones.
Also, avoid the track density strut mounts for now till the sizing issue is taken care of. try to find some "pro-mounts" or "mount savers" and get some sachs mounts. There's a whole thread on the issue with the density mounts causing issues with alignments.

i love crystal silver coupes. especially with some black trim pieces to it. if i remember correctly, you have a black leather interior as well? One of the best things you can do interior wise is to recover the headliner in some black suede <3 , it just makes the interior of the coupe so much more pleasent to be in. That and a nice stereo and sound deadening... and steering wheel... and all the interior lighting working. lol

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grey leather, I wish it was black, Audipete 's '91 has the black interior and its puurdy. I'm switching over to all led lighting interior wise, but as for right now every little bulb inside works. I have an already very nice aftermarket setup in there. Amplified Infinity speakers + tweeters, JL W3 in the truck, kenwood flip out head unit, sounds pretty crisp. I grabbed a steering wheel at s fest a couple years ago, momo, from an s4, I love the shape and feel of this wheel, could use some refinishing. Ideally I'm probably going to get a nardi wheel sooner than later to match the wood, I don't mind my hands being cold in the winter with it.

As for the headliner it needs to be done, I will be going suede for sure, maybe some red velvet :barf: ... not but the grey suede will surely do, once I decide to tackle that after all the other important things, like having an e brake. Granted I inspect my own car, so I never have an issue but I do hate carrying a chock block around.

I'm just weary myself of trying to rebuild the calipers, from what I've heard it's quite the process, and since I've yet to do that before, I probably should have some assistance, or watch someone do it so I can next time

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Some little shots I've had, more to come when shes cleaner. Coming together nicely. Except for the passenger side with the bb dent and the stoved in side from a car :frustrated:

Carlisle ready? Almost. Radiator and a few other little things to do before that drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Nice progress, car looks real fresh!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mbsjr92 said:
Grey leather, I wish it was black, Audipete 's '91 has the black interior and its puurdy.
I am 30 minutes from you, and will buy your grey front seats if you felt like swapping to black...

Let me know!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a little high res shot, courtesy of Mr. Ruben

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts