Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no old audis to play with currently, but i still always have that damn itch that needs scratching to mess with things...

I have this tractor, i got it pretty well sorted, and I also because i cant control myself i got the bug to turbo it. im sick in the head and i tried to talk myself out of it, but failed. This weekend i banged it out and then ran it all day on the harley rake working it hard and it performed awesome.Turns out this was a great idea, more power, more awesome sounds, more entertainment.

The charger is from a saab turbo car. The compressor map looked about right for this engine, and i calculated it would make about 5 psi of boost at 2000 rpm.

here are some pictures of the process from yesterday and today

all the parts to make the swap happen

ready for surgery

the space i have to work with

harvesting the flange

cleaned up

turbo adapter

test mount

timing cover with oil drain added

drain installed

i broke a fitting for the oil feed so i couldnt run it the way i wanted. Had to make do this straight fitting work, dont love how the line is routed, will redo later.

not loving this, have to re-order new hose ends.

cutting the stock opening bigger

fitting stack

and done, doesnt look half bad, actually.

sounds pretty bitching.....now for pump tweaks. :wrench:
told you, im F'd

·
Registered
752 Posts
As they say in tractor pulling "FULL PULL!!!". :) Nice! :cheers: :thumbsup:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trust me, I have seen every diesel tractor pull video out there! Never miss the local pulls, pretty competitive in the diesel truck class and altered farm tractor classes here. This certainly was some of my inspiration to turbo mine :)

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Flipping badass that looks awesome Dana and I'm stupid jealous you have the place to make crazy stuff like that - when's the wheelhorse getting a K03?

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
hah, awesome. We had that same tractor at the boatyard I worked at for my first job. the plow was the brakes. It was a frightening machine because of its state of disrepair, but continuous use.

Very nice work.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I work at an agriculture parts dealership and I showed that video to some of the other parts guys...they all thought it was pretty cool!

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
That is awesome Dana. Nice work.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes! i knew you motorgeeks would appreciate this dumb but awesome project. I love playing with my tractor anyway, but this makes it twice as fun.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WOMBAT said:
Flipping badass that looks awesome Dana and I'm stupid jealous you have the place to make crazy stuff like that - when's the wheelhorse getting a K03?
hah! this is exactly the type of crap that i always wanted to have my home shop for since i was a wee little one. Just want to be able to do projects of all kinds all the time.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
That is too cool! 8)

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i know wtf. you know where to find me!

·
Registered
690 Posts
That is too cool Dana, the setup turned out pretty damn clean to boot! Garage looks great too, good to see it getting some proper usage.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks shawn, i basically live out there. I do occasionally come inside to eat sleep and..............say hi to amanda.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well I'm sure she appreciates that :lol: Wish I was around to see more of the projects rolling out of there. For that, among other reasons I'm trying (for real this time) to make a permanent move back up there, plan is to be living in the Burlington area by this time next year and with some savings under my belt (if the 200 doesn't eat them all first!)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.