Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Recaros from a MK2 a direct bolt in for a 4KQ or do You have to modify the bases? I have the cloth with quattro script in 4KQ but I remember the Recaros I just had in that MK2 were much
more comfortable...thanks.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
jackason22 said:
Are Recaros from a MK2 a direct bolt in for a 4KQ or do You have to modify the bases? I have the cloth with quattro script in 4KQ but I remember the Recaros I just had in that MK2 were much
more comfortable...thanks.
It requires the bases to be narrowed.

Greg W.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
if they are manual seap the bases right?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Either manual or power- you need to narrow the rear sliders. The power bases are nice- you can run the stock MKII harness back to the battery and it looks totally factory. I had a set in my 85 UrQ, which has the same seat bases as the 4K/CGT

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice, I figured there had to be at least a slight mod of sorts to make it work...thanks.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
i wonder why recaro gti-like seats never made it to the 4000 and coupes(b2)?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kuma said:
i wonder why recaro gti-like seats never made it to the 4000 and coupes(b2)?
Yeah Me too....am currently digging the sport leathers in the 5KTQ as well too bad I couldn't put those in, big, heavy but heaven on the highway.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
yeah, i never got around to sport seats in any of my cars, although the B3 CQ seats look like sport seats. The seat portion seems to be a bit short though. I miss the Helios seats i had and the Mk2 GTI high bolsters i had... But i sold both sets...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts