Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new TT from my GF for x-mas:

as they say in 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail': "It's only a model" :(

still a pretty fun little toy. Definitely fun to chase the cats around the house with.
:woowoo:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hi Marc,

I wanna see you sit in it! I give you 2 days and then you'll be tearing it apart for a larger motor. I reccomend brushless.

Aaron

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
yeah, i'd say a 8 or 10 turn motor will do the trick. then you'll need a custom made battery pack for more juice.then you'll be on to sticky tires and trick shocks, cvt axles,etc,etc,etc. I have some rc's, and those darn things cost nearly as much as the real things. unbelievable i tell you

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hey Cuda,

You have the RC bug also eh? I've got an HPI e-rally with a brushless in it.
I bring mine to rallies for some thing to do in between services.

Aaron

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
yeah, I got a tmaxx, one of the early ones. I only put a pipe on it and made my own led lighting system with brake lights no less,very cool to watch at night. i used blue leds for headlights, i call em cheapo HID :D

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
psshhh, your wimpy 8 port stands no chance against my jet engine,hahahahahahaha, I was just putting you on about my "pipe" as the only mod. yeah, my tmaxx goes so fast i had to spend time in a wind tunnel designing a body and suspension that would react properly at high speeds. plus, the tire's expanded to about three feet in diameter :lol: , ha, ok, now that i got that overexaggeration outta my sytem, I actually haven't driven it in over two years, so the whole thing needs to be lubed and gone over, besides, jet engines need to be serviced after about 100 hours of use :wink:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Cool truck Jim! I'll try and get some pics of my e-rally. I've got a Sport Quattro rally body on it. It looks bad a$$ going down the road rally style.

Aaron

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know how you guys do it. I have enough trouble affording my Audis and the associated mods. I can only imagine the levels of debt I'd reach if I had another go fast toy to tweak :D

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Man, there must be a documented affliction that we share, here is one of my symptoms:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I think Nate is on to something. I guess we are just kids getting older!
I have an Indoor rc helicopter that I play with also. I put some 60's music
on the cd player ,and do Nam missions while attacking the Vietcong(willy my cat).

HAHAHA

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sick...very Sick! But I like it!!!!! :woowoo:

Happy New Year!!!!!

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
calling your cat the vietcong.... now that's funny

1 - 16 of 16 Posts