Automobiles Forum banner

Need help with ideas for my 1993 90 Audi Quattro!!!!!

942 views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  my2000apb DrBeastCar 
#1 ·
So my 1993 90 Audi Quattro(black) stock engine blew a piston and I was wondering if anybody has any idea what engines would fit. I did some research and people say a Vr6 engine would work?..

#8 ·
V8's are nice in these cars ;)

#13 ·
motor mounts line up for a 2.7t don't they? i vote 2.7t! not sure if the exhaust manifolds fit between the towers though.

then just get some piping made up, exhaust, wiring, done. then blow your transmission lol.

#14 ·
His best bet is a 1.8t. Its small, light and relatively cheap and easy to swap. Performance parts can be inexpensive buying second hand, and there are plenty of AEBs for sale right now between vortex and junkyards and ebay.

Spend $500 on a motor, buy a T3 manifold and a holset with some 700cc+ injectors and vems and have fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

#15 ·
maverick said:
Not sure why nobody is mentioning the obvious... but the 5cyl 20vt is a phenomenal engine. Not that there aren't lots of other options, but that's what I put in my 80. Which is virtually identical to your 90, if you didn't know.
not true, youre b3 80 has i5 mount ears on the chassis
b4's in the usa do not have this provision, so he would need to make or weld on oem mount ears to his frame

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.