Automobiles Forum banner
101 - 120 of 151 Posts
Discussion starter · #101 ·
ralleyquattro said:
Just think of two garden hoses facing eachother at the outlet and who is getting wet!! 8)
Now, think about 5 hoses... :wink:
:roll:
Rrraaiiiggghttt :p

Discussion starter · #103 ·
Matt said:
was there ever a ball-park quote for a 10v version of this?
Sure, we can do a stock fit 10v piece for about $600 or so, all 304SS, CNC flanges, your choice of flanges, etc.

That's an awesome deal, I guess I'll just have to decide if I really want to build a 20v or not....

Well last weekend I installed a 034 HO GT35 Hybrid Turbo and the 034 RS2 Manifold. Just to let you know...installing 034's Manifold takes all of about 5 minutes! All the nuts are reachable with an Air ratchet...NO kidding!! I also had Javad have the inside Ceramic coated. In terms of performance I cant give any hard numbers since:
-1) I am breaking in the new turbo
-2) My previous dyno is old and have changed a few things since (Fuel Pump, Programming, and Manifold)

But based on the arse dyno I would say that so far the low-end seems better and it seems I might be getting more boost earlier then before. Also the power, don't know why, seems "smoother" less on/off. Again this is not scientific I know..but figured I would put that out there.

Here are some pics:

This picture is the reason i will not be grabbing this for my project, the concept is nice, but that giant blue spot on 2nd cylinder runner in a pic posted by nate is an indicator that the exhaust has no place to go bounces off the wall and ontop of that doesnt distribute the heat by it well.

SeStone said:
Cody, the location of that breather scares me. Am I missing something, or can that not spew oil mist all over the EM?

Sam
i said the same exact thing on audiworld when he posted it but i got this response " a catch can would be for emisission compliance only" :roll:

good way to light a car on fire though.

heres what a manifold like this should look like to flow correctly and avoid hot spots.

see the curves sooooo nice

germantoy said:
heres what a manifold like this should look like to flow correctly and avoid hot spots.

I hope that couch isn't used very often :-D

heres a lightened pic they are the exact same just without the 034 tag on it, hell its nates car.

germantoy said:
This picture is the reason i will not be grabbing this for my project, the concept is nice, but that giant blue spot on 2nd cylinder runner in a pic posted by nate is an indicator that the exhaust has no place to go bounces off the wall and ontop of that doesnt distribute the heat by it well.
:bullshits:

Yes, there are different colored portions of the manifold in different places, but your logic couldn't be more flawed. The blue portion of that particular header (Which is the one on my coupe, and not constructed quite the same as the RS2 rep), is actually a _COOLER_ spot than the rest, not reverberating, stuck exhaust gasses. The front is more discolored from water, oil and other crap hitting it. There are portions that are hotter, as with any manifold, and those turn grayish on the outside. Blue/gold indicates a lower surface temp.

Where on earth are you getting this logic from?

a4kquattro said:
germantoy said:

I hope that couch isn't used very often :-D
its gregors futon hahahaha he has some silly rare parts thats a callaway (has an engineering dept) turbo kit manifold for a non turbo 944 so bad ass!!!

sorta, Nate's running a T3 style turbo on his coupe so it isn't exactly the same design. Still a weldel log manifold, tho.

I'm not concerned. I've got one of the 034 rs2 replica log manifolds on my car.

SeStone said:
Cody, the location of that breather scares me. Am I missing something, or can that not spew oil mist all over the EM?

Sam
Thanks for your concern..but "nothing" has ever come out of the breather...ever. Guess she is pretty "tight" ;)

germantoy said:

Ooh, perfect, it'll either put the turbo next to you in the passenger seat, or out the front of the car. A much better solution than a full bolt-up replacement...

cpayne said:
SeStone said:

Sam
Thanks for your concern..but "nothing" has ever come out of the breather...ever. Guess she is pretty "tight" ;)
still, you do know thats just a big long tube with no opening to the valve cover, right?

If you really want to throw a filter on there, why not do it at the back of the valve cover?

101 - 120 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.