Automobiles Forum banner
141 - 151 of 151 Posts
i'm switching back to my old JT, this flow business gives me heartburn :tard: :p

"fighting" in the manifold doesn't directly create turbulence. I'm not even sure that turbulence is terrible. i type this as I'm sitting in computational fluids lab.

-Alex

newt said:
germantoy said:
were did i say it was better ? i asked wich is easier to fit a butt end is, not a fishmouthed piece which = more fab time, which then = higher production cost. simple reading comprehension.
What are the exact cost breakdowns, you apparently have the data in front of you. Do enlighten us, or please stop littering up this thread with speculation and unfounded points.
First of all, I'm not saying the 034-product is bad, but!
I'm working as a pipe-welder everyday and can honestly say that the 034-piece is more cost effective!
The material cost may be higher, but the overall costs will be smaller than if you would do it the way germanboy here says!

Fitting ordinary curves into a straight pipe with good precision (always handy when TIG-welding) will take sooo much more time than just take the T-pipes (sry, i not familiar with the terms in english) cut them, and weld them together.
Material cost isnt the biggest cost in makin this product b/c it isnt really that much materials!
The time for fabrication will be much higher.

It would be interesting to see some flowing diagrams between the two different products.
But!
In the end it doesnt really matters b/c both ways will flow more then well for the application.

Just my 2 cents.

Hell yeah! Know this is off topic but so you guys do big plenum AAN intake manifolds?

Thanks paul.

Ever think doing the same for the 10vt? I know stock location of turbo in 10vt hinders a simple log but why not preposition to the 10vt turbo position? then can use 20vt dp ete

Dragging up old topic I know

141 - 151 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.