Automobiles Forum banner

New LW I5 Steel Flywheel w/Built in 60-2

13K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  pilihp2 
#1 ·

The ultimate Audi I5 high performance steel flywheel.

We developed this flywheel for a few reasons:

1- Steel construction is the ultimate in strength compared to aluminum flywheels, all threads are cut into the one piece steel construction.

2 - Weighing in at 15lbs, its heavier than the average aluminum flywheel meaning better launch inertia and less issues with low speed gear rattle

3 - Features a 60-2 trigger wheel machined right into the outside of the flywheel allowing direct crank-speed sensor compatibility with the later 01E transmissions, or allows a sensor to me mounted in the bell housing of the trans. quite easily.

This flywheel is perfect for the Audi I5 10v or 20v project using either an 01A or 01E transmission and our 034EFI Stage IIc system which reads off a 60-2 trigger wheel.

We can supply a myriad of clutch packages for up to 1000HP needs.

More info at: http://www.034motorsport.com/product_in ... cts_id=678

See less See more
#4 ·
The starter ring gear is pressed on just like a stock flywheel.

Yes, 80tq will be getting one of these for the strength alone.

In order to help 80tq launch better, I'll be hiring Derek as my personal "drag racing expert/consultant" since he has so much experience running low 11's in an Audi quattro :p

#10 ·
This is an 01A depth flywheel, so it puts the disk too far back onto the input shaft, the only way this can be made to work is to cut out about 5mm of the splines from the tranny side of the clutch disk, otherwise the splines on the disk will bottom out on the splines of the input shaft.

The issue is that the 016 flywheels put the disk about 1/2" closer to the block than 01A setups do.

This product is in stock and ready to go at $565 each.

#11 ·
Javad,

Does this FW have to be used with the IIc or will it work with a Urs4/S6 motronic ECU? I currently have an aluminum LWFW but it makes a ton of noise at low speed, low RPMs. This sounds like a great solution instead of going back to a stock dual-mass piece. Thanks for any info.

Chris

#12 ·
It does not have a TDC Pin installed on it, that's the only think keeping it from working with a Motronic car, we don't currently offer this service.

Thanks,

#14 ·
We don't really use 7A flywheels as cores, this is a totally new product, but if you wanted to do a trade in, that wouldn't be a problem, just contact me privately.

#16 ·
If using the 01A, would the reference sensor or engine speed sensor line up with the toothed area at all? I can now see why you can't use a 7A as a basis, as I don't think there'd be enough meat on the outside to machine in the 58 "teeth".

http://cuatrokoop.audi-quattro.org/pics/DSC00366.JPG

7A FW is on the left, MC-1 is on the right...

I'll probably just stick with my crank pulley setup from you, I've got it, know it works with my setup, etc.

#20 ·
cuatrokoop said:
I'll probably just stick with my crank pulley setup from you, I've got it, know it works with my setup, etc.
If I were you Eric, I'd take the trade offer for a couple reasons. One, it's one less wire running down in front of the engine. Of course that all depends on how you run your VR sensor wire. Two, you can keep the TB covers intact without modifying them.

Both of these reasons may not be important to you, but I'd consider them.

#21 ·
both my timing belt covers are on my wagon and I run a front mount sensor.

If I ever have to do a clutch job on the car tho, one of these flywheels will be going in...

#25 ·
JShadzi said:
I'll be hiring Derek as my personal "drag racing expert/consultant" since he has so much experience running low 11's in an Audi quattro :p
:lol: :lol: Finally! It's about time you saw the light, realized that EVERYONE here on motorgeek has a MUCH better grasp on how to get the quarter mile times down than you do! :p

Oh, and REALLY cool product! i am continually more and more excited about the options that are now there for my love affair that started at age 7 for the I5 engine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.