Automobiles Forum banner

New LW I5 Steel Flywheel w/Built in 60-2

13K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  pilihp2 
#1 ·

The ultimate Audi I5 high performance steel flywheel.

We developed this flywheel for a few reasons:

1- Steel construction is the ultimate in strength compared to aluminum flywheels, all threads are cut into the one piece steel construction.

2 - Weighing in at 15lbs, its heavier than the average aluminum flywheel meaning better launch inertia and less issues with low speed gear rattle

3 - Features a 60-2 trigger wheel machined right into the outside of the flywheel allowing direct crank-speed sensor compatibility with the later 01E transmissions, or allows a sensor to me mounted in the bell housing of the trans. quite easily.

This flywheel is perfect for the Audi I5 10v or 20v project using either an 01A or 01E transmission and our 034EFI Stage IIc system which reads off a 60-2 trigger wheel.

We can supply a myriad of clutch packages for up to 1000HP needs.

More info at: http://www.034motorsport.com/product_in ... cts_id=678

See less See more
#27 ·
digging this out of a grave.
So what was the solution for those of us that use this flywheel and would like to use the 60-2 sensor on the 01A trans? Which sensor? recommended position for drilling?
(converting my 12v V6 to megasquirt, and i already have this flywheel installed, that's why im asking)

#28 ·
also, if this flywheel doesn't have a TDC pin, what is my 12V AAH reading?

#30 ·
LOL, sounds like we need to combine forces, is this for your 5k?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.