Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking around the Forums since I picked up my new toy a 1994 90 about 3 months ago, first Audi but many early VW's. I'm now just getting into doing a little rebuild, well getting it ready to pass our long cold winters (5 months) ice racing and of course now I need a little help. Since I live in a area where auto part stores basically do not exist, we have 2 small shops but when I mention 1994 Audi they cringe. I need to order all my parts on-line I want to make sure that I ordering the right part and now I'm looking at ordering a new clutch kit for my car and I'm sure that I read some where that the 1994 had two different sizes 228mm and 240mm and just wondering if some one can shed some light onto which one I need. As I would like to have the parts ready to go before I tear the car apart. I know that it is a AAH engine and was a early 1994 production.

Any information on the clutch and setting the car up for Ice Racing would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Arctic_Audi said:
I'm now just getting into doing a little rebuild, well getting it ready to pass our long cold winters (5 months) ice racing and of course now I need a little help. Since I live in a area where auto part stores basically do not exist, we have 2 small shops but when I mention 1994 Audi they cringe.
You shold add some sort of 'location' to your profile/signature.

We in Cananda have the same problem with parts that you have.. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
ecstuning.com 034motorsport.com autohausaz.com or of course there's ebay

·
Administrator
12,586 Posts
A luk clutch kit off ebay is less than $200 it's 240mm. A sachs kit is only a little more and comes with the correct pilot bearing.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Don't forget to have a few original thermostats spare. They die easy on the AAH.
Getting a spare set of those plastic hoses connect to the back of the valve covers is a good idea, too.
They get brittle.

btw, I second on the Sachs clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts