Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello motorgeek members! Been trying to find a community for my beloved urs4, but it seems these cars don't have much of an online presence.

I recently picked up a mint 1993 urS4 (pearl white) that is bone stock and not-abused/hacked up with an excellent body. Pretty excited! But there are a couple of issues with it that I'd like to take care of...

1) It sounds like the right rear wheel bearing is going. I noticed that 034 offers a "hub assembly" :

http://www.034motorsport.com/oec.php?oe ... =Wheel+Hub

Would it be worth it to replace the whole thing? I see a wheel bearing kit is close to $100 shipped, and shops around here that would push the bearing out for me would charge at least $100 to do it.

2) Cruise control doesn't work. Any common fixes?

3) I am going to be putting H&R lowering springs on it. I want to replace the strut mounts. What strut mounts should I use? I was under the impression FEQ was a pretty weaksauce brand, but maybe I am mistaken?

4) I can't seem to get a straight answer on how wide of a rim/tire I can run on this car. I noticed on the front that while I can go out a lot due to the flared fenders/lip, the inner tire/rim is only about 1 cm from part of the control arm.

Thanks guys! Hope to hang around here more and get all learned up on this car :D

·
Administrator
17,168 Posts
Don't need a new hub! A bearing kit is only around $50 for *** which is OEM

Strut mounts dealer only save a few bux by shopping at discount online audi dealerships like http://genuineaudiparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cruise control could be anything from vacuum issues to the pedal switches.

The OE fuchs wheels are 8" that wide enough?

Should be able find most answers here http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/15184.phtml

·
Registered
655 Posts
Welcome Adam, you'll be at home here. The project pad .com is a good one too.

I've got lots of help here already.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I will add that on all of my urs4's, I have run 18x8.5 with 30et, and 245/40/18 rubber. Even with coilovers and sitting flush they don't rub.
And please don't run stretched tires, that makes the baby Jesus weep :(

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I will add that on all of my urs4's, I have run 18x8.5 with 30et, and 245/40/18 rubber. Even with coilovers and sitting flush they don't rub.
And please don't run stretched tires, that makes the baby Jesus weep :(

·
Registered
5,020 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
on my cruise, the piece of plastic that holds the rod to the actuator broke, replaced it a rubber grommet and a washer, works great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the help guys!

I definitely won't be doing "stretched" tires of any sort, just trying to get a nice, clean, aggressive look. Let's face it, this car is a cruiser/boulevard bruiser and highway runner, it won't be going to the track anytime soon (that's what the race cars in the shop are for)!

·
Registered
655 Posts
sorry to thread jack, but would a 45 ET work on a urs? i know it may look sucked in but just looking to see if i can run 18x8 with 45 et.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.