Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just gonna sit back and suck up the knowledge for awhile and ask the odd question before diving in and going 034.

A couple of starter q's:

Javad: When do you expect to have wideband and knock sensing functions up and running?

How's the production of 10V headers coming along?

No matter what the answers are, they will eventually be very bad for my wallet.

Maybe I'll get ** whistle in the meantime. :woowoo:

Brady
83 UrQ
86 4kq

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Hey Brady, nice to have you!

Well, Wide band and Knock sensing are around the corner, maybe early next year, hard to say since we've been so busy getting the IIc tested, budded and together. Regardless, suffice to say, any of the Stage II ecu's are remotely flashable, so as the updates come along its as easy as an email for you to get up to the latest spec.

So far in testing the IIc system, the timing accuracy is so high, that getting a smooth running, powerful motor w/o pinging has been easy compared to the distributor systems. Also, its important to remember that knock sensing is not a tuning device, but a saftey device, and getting the knock sensor to actually respons to pre-detonation and not other noises is very difficult, even so that most of the factory systems don't do a very good job of it either.

<<How's the production of 10V headers coming along?>>

Really good, I'll be testing one a week or 2 and should have them available by Nov.

<<No matter what the answers are, they will eventually be very bad for my wallet.>>

Well, yes, I hear you, its all relative tho, mistakes, poor performance, and wasted time are costly too, when you get good results with a good product, its worth every penny ;)

Tune on

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, knock sensors are definietely not tuning toys. It's the safety I'm interested in, such as when I get a tank of bad gas.

Re: wideband, I'm assuming that you'll wire the O2 sensor right to the ECU. None of these converter boxes necessary, right? I suppose that with one of those, you could use wideband right now...

A couple more q's:

Any cons to 034ing a WX?

What power levels are the stock WX K26 good for, with a header?

Cheers,
Brady

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
I'm not certain of this, but I think the WB02 feature is just going to be for a WB input only. You will still need a seperate driver circuit for whatever sensor you are using. Correct me if I'm wrong Javad.

You don't need a 'converter' box to drop the WB signal down to the 0-1v scale, instead the 034 unit will correctly interpret the 0-5v scale of the WB controllers.

I think..... ;)

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Yes, currenlty the STG II ECU does not have the componentry to drive the WB sensor itself, but we will create an input for it. For example, currently I tune with a http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/, this has a 0-5v output which will eventually input right into the ECU. We will develop a little driver box as well, but it will never be fully integrated (most likely).

FWIW, I don't think I've ever had a bad tank of gas wrt detonation, I hear people throwing it around but I can't say its happened to me. Granted, really hot temps cause detonation, but that's why we put in air temp correction maps.

034'ing a WX is a very good thing =) Running with the stock WX motor I'd say a reliable 250hp could be achieved, with a header and better turbo 400 with the IIc setup. Any of the CIS cars greatly benefit from an 034efi unit, just on airflow alone, being able to tune ignition with the b, c systems takes the tuning even further, the limits being airflow via the IC, turbo, exh system, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts