Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a few years since I've had an UrS. My last S4 met its demise from rolling down a hill and rolling. Seeing that was spectacular and devastating. The engine lives on in my 4000. I picked this UrS6 Avant up after selling my 200 20v Avant. This car came from NJ and had the stock Avus wheels on it before it came to NC.

I intend to hold onto this one for a while as I've always wanted an UrS avant. I bought the car in non-running state. The previous owner was going to install a different turbo. I'll follow through with his original intentions after the RS2 set up I have to try out. :wink: After that is BorgWarner EFR 6258. Already have the essentails minus tune.

Current modifications:
-STR exhaust manifold (just bought and installed)
-MTM stg 1+ software
-Forge diverter valve
-Samco boost hoses
-Stromung exhuast
-B6 Avus wheels
-Eibach lowering springs
-Stereo, B5 S4 steering wheel, boost gauge

Upcoming:
Full RS2
Window tint
Make cold air intake for nice induction noise
Drive it all winter. Tornado donuts!

When I bought it:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nice ride! Where did you pick up the str manifold? I've been looking online and can't find them..

·
Registered
264 Posts
You can find the str mani on ebay was just looking at getting one.
And GORGEOUS car by the way. What color is that???

Sent from my LG-LS860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
752 Posts
Nice! How many miles on it? :thumbsup: :cheers:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Head is back on. Hope to drive it next week. Pics coming tomorrow after more progress.

mrdeye said:
Nice! How many miles on it? :thumbsup: :cheers:
Under 200k. I can't remember! :slap:

Heed said:
You can find the str mani on ebay was just looking at getting one.
And GORGEOUS car by the way. What color is that???
Black!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finished the headgasket job, drove the car around with open downpipe. That was awesome. First time the wastegate opened I almost had mud butt.

Parked the car Saturday, went to start it on Sunday and it won't start. No spoark. Traced it to a bad cam position sensor. Found that the stamped steel wheel inside of the cam wheel was a llttle bent. This caused the wheel to rub on the cam sensor to rub and (I think) short out the contacts. Not sure why it crapped out over a couple nights of not running. Odd. Hopefully the new sensor will cure it.

For now, here are some pics and vids.

Next up:
-install new cam position sensor
-finish downpipe flanges and connect to Stromung exhaust.
-drive!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: I've been dailying the S6 for over a month. Love it! Polar opposite car from my GTI. This car is quiet, fast, luxurious, has A/C and P/S, makes turbo noises, and many other things my GTI doesn't do. The S6 is also a boat and doesn't corner like the GTI. Give and take I suppose.

Changes:
-7A cams
-"temporary" fix of the leaky gas tank
-brake line replace
-diverter valve

Upcoming
-replace broken H&R spring
-Install RS2 setup
-snow drifting!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
flynnr said:
Love it. Keep up the good work. How hard was the STR manifold install?
It was very easy. You must bend the wastegate flex pipe to meet the downpipe...more of forcing the tube to line up with downpipe WG flange then jamming the bolts in.

·
Registered
752 Posts
DEVIL HORNS TO THE SKY!!! :drive:

·
Registered
842 Posts
I put that manifold in my 200. Got it from ebay also. I found a pinhole in it after noticing small black marks on its exterior. Does work very nicely for the $120 I paid for it though. I had to cut the flex pipe's solid inside pipe out just get the WG's piping to connect 100%

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great looking car, Nick! I didn't realize you picked this one up....I knew of it years ago when it was owned by the po. I'm glad it's in good hands.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Saw this car at sowo on sunday while I was eating at wendys lol. I was so excited to see a c4 avant!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JAMS6 said:
Great looking car, Nick! I didn't realize you picked this one up....I knew of it years ago when it was owned by the po. I'm glad it's in good hands.
Thanks! Owned by Paul? I don't know any history of the car before Paul owned it...except that it lived in NJ which explains some of the rust!

tfried87 said:
Saw this car at sowo on sunday while I was eating at wendys lol. I was so excited to see a c4 avant!
Yeah! I was there. I saw another C4 UrS sedan. I made sure to yell at the driver and give them props. Hope this was you!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts