Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, check out my hobby. it's pretty awesome!! it takes place usually in florence,oregon about 2 1/2 hours from my house.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
mo pitchas :p

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tee hee, i get goofy when i get to run free out here. it nice cause there's no speed limit (cept on the beach-25mph, and they will ticket you!) and the only other thing is to stay out of the noise buffer zone.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's so much fun. imagine having a power to weight ratio of a mclaren F1. that's what my banshee has, approximately 70 horse and 350lbs.

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Sweeeeeeet dooooood

Way huge difference from the riding ovver here. It's all tight deep woods trail stuff with maybe a couple high speed spots down logging roads and stuff. Way fun, and can't wait to get back on the trails. Ice is almost gone, won't be long 8) been taking to slow-wheeler (4 wheeler) out regulrarly to check the trail status :D

My other 'spensive toy:

And the family herd:

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
and i thought i was the only one :eek:

first bike was a Honda 70 :wtf:
then upgrade that to a Yamaha 250 Cross bike(like the one nate has pictured)...slammed that into a wall and hurt myself.Mine was painted caribbean yellow with sunset orange.

now i have a Yamaha Jet Ski that i take water racing.No more bikes after that one.
If anything ill buy a Hibusa :slap: ring it out to speed limit and feel free :bump:

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wizard-of-OD said:
...slammed that into a wall and hurt myself. No more bikes after that one.
If anything ill buy a Hibusa :slap: ring it out to speed limit and feel free :bump:
that whole wall thing will happen a lot quicker on a hiyabusa man. then we won't have anymore wizzizms' :(

nice bike you got nate, the 4 strokes are good for the trails, bring it out to the sand though and you'll cry. another friend of mine bought a 02 ktm sx and for the first summer (02) when we went riding, no one would race him up the hills, except me, and of course he won. after last summer and my engine work, now i beat him up the hills and we're about dead even in acceleration out on the highway there.

good stuff :D

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My WR400 seems to go fine in the sand :)

Almost time to put the sled away, but just not yet!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I just picked up a KLR 650 last nite. Awesome!!!!!

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
derracuda said:
that whole wall thing will happen a lot quicker on a hiyabusa man. then we won't have anymore wizzizms' :(
No doubt, more like "ring it out to multiples of the speed limit"

derracuda said:
nice bike you got nate, the 4 strokes are good for the trails, bring it out to the sand though and you'll cry. another friend of mine bought a 02 ktm sx and for the first summer (02) when we went riding, no one would race him up the hills, except me, and of course he won. after last summer and my engine work, now i beat him up the hills and we're about dead even in acceleration out on the highway there.

good stuff :D
Depends on the bike, I've got a friend that we ride with with an uber silly (modded) honda CR 450F 4 thumper. That thing will pull on anything I've seen, and you do NOT want to be behind him if he twists the "whee" grip. Entire trees and small viliges are dislodged from terra firma.

Mine would be small for wide open ranges like that, but for the trails we have here I wouldn't want anything bigger/faster, I'd never be able to use it. And the 4 strokes have a much nicer powerband for the more technical trails than the 2 strokes. I do love the smell of a good 2 stroke mix though :D

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
well we dont have highways like the US so thats why i got the cross....was insanity for off roading.Plus i choped the muffler Even more and when the guys and i felt board we would terrorise some neighbourhoods....
would go all in the hilsl with it,on the beach...oh man what fun days.When your young you have 0 fear,
one day ill buy a Harley or get Jesse James to build me one of his Diablo's
mortgage the house and ride around all day on it :wtf: '
the jet ski is nice for now...anyone coming barbados?

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hoooo hooooo oooooohh, nice sled skiddmark. i know a couple of guys who have newer arctic cats.....like 140 horse stock. if i need more power in the future, that where's i'm headed, 900cc twin transplant from one of those badboys 8) . oh yeah, and for those of you who don't know, that 140 horse is easily upgradeable like every other 2stroke with a pipe and porting and whatnot. i can only imagine, and i thought pullin wheelies in 5th gear at 50mph is crazy!!!

and yes, four strokes will do the job on the sand, but not nearly as much fun to shoot up the hills with. as brutily powerful as my banshee is, it's not even fun to think about taking it in the dirt or gravel, just spin city on the tires, and then trying to keep the tail in line.

the sand is where twostrokes shine.it's pretty amazing to launch and then get all the way to the top of 4th gear on a 500ft long hill climb then have to slam on the brakes while still traveling up hill to avoid "death air" off the top and into a nearby razorback :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cool bikes guys. I started out tuning bikes before I got interested in cars...I mean before I was old enough to drive. I have a 94 KTM 440. Stock 62 HP, but mine is modded and at 250 lbs---you get the point. Now if I could only get my 5ktq to accelerate like that thing.... :eek:

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ooh, man, that's gotta be a rush. only bummer is on the sand the bikes like to wobble quite a bit at speed...... :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts