Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get it, but yesterday I ran a direct 12V to the positive side of the coil and a the trigger pin 5 to the negative and Voila'! Sparks flying!!!

I got so excited that I ended up testing my coil (touched on the exposed plug and the car). The coil works. OUCH! :(

The car is running rich, but I'll dial back a little tomorrow before the shake down stage.

The guys at the muffler shop forgot to weld the bung for the O2, so it's going to be just by feeling.

Any suggestion on this trial and error fuel trimming?

Later,

Carlos.

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Sweet! Dunno what would have caused your issues before :?

But it's gonna be hit or miss with the fueling, it's hard with just a but dyno to tell whats going on. I guess you could revert back to the old days of flooring the car down the road, shutting it off as soon as safely possible, then check the plugs and adjust your jet sizes(erm I mean fuel maps) accordingly. I'd try to err on the rich side for now until you can get some telemetry setup to dial in a good map.

yay! :D

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
Nice! I'm guessing that somehow your +12v is being cut out when cranking. I found the switched 12v lead on the ign switch that is always on when cranking, and normal driving, then relay'd it and have stuff like O2 heaters, coil power, and injector power running from that. Then I used another relay just for the ECU triggered from the same wire, but this one get's it's main power strait from the battery to reduce noise.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The weird thing is that the positive wires are the stock ones and I had not touched on this side.

Well, honestly I don't care.

I need to re-arrange the relay situation. For now I have direct relayed feed from the battery to the ECU, Relayed feed to the fuel pump and ignition and injectors are 12VDC as long as the master switch is on. Not good, but it must do for at least this weekend. The good thing is that by cutting the master switch the ECU, fuel pump, injectors and coil stop besides the battery

W/O any aid I'm going to dial just a little down the fuel and run like that.

Thanks for everyone's helpt and support.

Cheers,

Carlos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts