Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roseville, MN ey? I grew up in shoreview. Graduated Mounds View Class of 98...where in roseville? Completely my old stomping grounds! I live in montana now, but will probably be moving back that way to finish school in a year or two. I'll be back in march for about 10 days...

Nice projects on your car. How was the brake conversion to studs? I've been thinking about doing that.....go for the EFI, you'll be VERY happy! :bump:

Cheers
Jeff

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Jeff,

Roseville is about 10 minutes south of Shoreview.

Right off INT. 35E and highway 50(or 51?)

You can tell I've spent to much time in the twin cities over the past couple of years :)

Steve

·
Registered
237 Posts
I live near Hwy 36 and Rice street. Shoreview is only 5 miles from here.

My 80tq has been a fun project.

The stud conversion was either very easy, or very hard depending on how you do it.

I would recommend buying h&r studs like javads, or m14-1.5 pitch grade 10.9 bolts, and cutting the heads off. The price difference was like $4 vs $1 each.

The swap to 5 bolt hubs and rotors was a PITA, and unless you have a lathe and a lot of spare time, dont bother.

If upgrading to g60 front brakes is important, just use 20v90sedan rotors in the front and stay 4x108.

Let me know if you need more info.
Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve.....shoreview and roseville damn near touch.....very very close
all the same area pretty much.....i spent 19 years there....

brian...so you live near bob's cycle? Used to go there and the hobby shop right there all the time. old stomping grounds. used to race on HWY 36! I worked at the checker auto store up rice st. where it meets 694.. in high school. How far are you from the hogsbreath? or do you live the other way? Small world. I've got a friend that lives over in that area who has some crazy mustangs. 650hp or more.....depending on if he hits the "button"! He's down near 36 and lexington.

My brake conversion isnt as bad...i've got an 87 5k TQ. From what i hear no machining necessary. Already 5 bolt.

cheerio
Jeff

·
Registered
237 Posts
You are correct. direct bolt on, I added g60's to my 86 5ktq.
Just need g60 calipers, g60 front rotors, and g60 front hoses.

The parts I was talking about was to stud a Type 89q.

Yes, I live just about 3 blocks from Bob's cycle. across rice from Cub, and back in that neighborhood north of McCarrons lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts