Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed another oil leak last week, figured my oil pan bolts came loose again on a count of my bad engine mounts. Then I peaked inside the engine bay and noticed this. How would one go about replacing the Pcv assembly on the block? Seems pretty tight in there.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
how hard is it to get this part out? i think it may be time to revamp my entire pcv system. how much of a pain in the ass is it to redo my pcv system with motor in the car?

·
Administrator
12,586 Posts
You sure actually coming out the breather fitting in the block and not the hose attached to it? I'd clean it off and trace the leak.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks austin, i will look into that. im thinking i should re do all the pcv lines with a bit larger hose. has the the pcv assembly ball looking thing on block) been known to fail or leak?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i going to take apart the pcv system on sat maybe, but im looking for some advise. im considering venting to asmosphere, how would i go about it? just remove the check valve and PRV and run hose under the car? on my old b5 i del the check valve from the pvc assembly to the intake mani, but kept the PRV with the catch can attached. this did not work as i blew most of the top end seals. so i then removed the PRV and just ran straight hoses from the VC and crankcase to the catch can then from the catch can to the Y pipe. nothing was vented back to the intake mani what so ever. this system ran great untill i blew the motor.

Can i do the same thing with the 20vt or no?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Late update! It was the oil pressure switch. Leak fixed.

On to the Pcv though, is there any point in redoing my Pcv system. I have lots of brass fittings and 5/8 hose kicking around. Looking for a small weekend project really.

My thoughts were to delete the Pcv valve, delete the connection to the intake manifold and the intake and either run a catch can or vent to atmosphere. What are your thought, could this cause issues or will the car run the same.

Here is a drawing I made to give a more visual idea,

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leak fixed. It was the hose on the crankcase breather ball. Not clamped right from factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts