Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hope you guys like it. Any suggestions are welcome.

Justin

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Justin, looking good! Did you build that collector, from the pictures it tough to see exactly what you did, it almost looks like you added another runner to a 4 cyl collector?

Nice big IC, you're gonna need it =)

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Nice mock up with the PVC. Where did you finally source the head flanges, as well as the others... I like the one piece head flange. 304? You were the gent i was talking to on Audiworld right?

In any case, looks good Justin, I Concur with Javad, that IC is HUGE..Who Built? What did you do about the front support/rubber engine mount to fit it in(Does the 20v have that)? If you have time, i wouldn't mind a picture of the clearence between the Timing cover and the IC...

Look forward to the progress...

Hank

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The collector is just a 4 cylinder one with an extra runner put on. I had a guy on the east coast build it for me, and thats what he came up with. I think it should work out fine. The head flange is actually for a vw 16v. I got it from Techtonics tuning out here in oregon and they had an extra flange they sent me for the 5th cylinder. The flange is mild steel to prevent too much expansion.

www.techtonicstuning.com

I'll take some pictures today of the intercooler clearance and all. I had to chop off the snub mount to fit the intercooler where I wanted it. The core is 25"*12"*3". I' have to figure out some heavy duty motor mounts to keep the engine from moving around too much.

http://www.precisionte.com/

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Looking good.

I can't wait to get to do one for my car.

Steve

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Justin what kind of intake manifold you looking for?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to build a custom intake manifold with velocity stacks. Its going to look like this on the inside:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts