Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
very nice. So the bracket is completely flush on the mounting side?

·
Registered
346 Posts
whats the bolt spacing of the evo caliper mounting bolts? also, how do you get around the evo having 32mm thick rotors?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Mushasho! said:
greesha said:
whats the bolt spacing of the evo caliper mounting bolts? also, how do you get around the evo having 32mm thick rotors?
you get around it by using 323x30 S8 rotors, just like Porsche calipers are for 32mm too...
Depends on the Porsche calipers. 996 calipers are for 28mm rotors.

Greg W.

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
90quattrocoupe said:
Mushasho! said:
greesha said:
you get around it by using 323x30 S8 rotors, just like Porsche calipers are for 32mm too...

Greg W.
is that non turbo only?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
my2000apb said:
90quattrocoupe said:
Mushasho! said:
greesha said:

Greg W.
is that non turbo only?
Don't know the size of the 996 turbo rotors. Never had those calipers in my hands.

Greg W.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
996 Turbo rotors are 32mm thick from memory. Non-turbo/non-S 996 and most 986 calipers are meant for the 28mm thick rotors.

You can also run aftermarket rotors with custom hats as well. BTDT.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this set up for my CQ, would rather use them than a Porsche set up, after all its from a highly developed 4wd front engined car not a mid or rear engined car, so will be much better balanced.

However this particular set up looks lethal to me, how much material is on that bracket around the bolt that bolts to the upper mount on the hub? Looks like only a few mm of material which is nowhere near enough consider what's going on there!!!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
skinthespin said:
I have this set up for my CQ, would rather use them than a Porsche set up, after all its from a highly developed 4wd front engined car not a mid or rear engined car, so will be much better balanced.
:lol: RS2 is not "a highly developed 4wd front engined car". Came with Porsche set up.

Greg W

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know it did, pretty unlikey they are the same as used on a 911 or boxster though, both of which ive seen on CQ, all I was doing was agreeing with the OP choice of brakes, just dont want to see him hurt himself by relying on 2mm of plate!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts