Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reconnected the OE ignition and Voila'!
Sparks in synch with my handheld distributor.

So, I spliced the hall signal to the 034 for it to control the fuel and the engine is firing!

I had a leak on the rail inlet, but I think it's under control. Do you guys use any type of teflon tape on the 1/4" side? if yes which one?

Now I need to clean all the wiring mess and hopefully go around the block.

Question:

When you have the ignition on do the injectors keep firing at a certain frequency?

Later,

Carlos.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I had a leak on the rail inlet, but I think it's under control. Do you guys use any type of teflon tape on the 1/4" side? if yes which one?
hi carlos-

i had to use the "yellow" teflon tape specifically intended for use with gas/fuels. got it at hte home depot in their plumbing department. 99 cents for a lot. Comes in a yellow case.

hth
jeff

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Yup I used the same stuff

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm also using the yellow tape, but I think the aluminum fitting failed. The billet is tougher that the thin fittiing.

I got a steel fitting (-6AN to 1/4") put the yellow tape and the leak seems to be under control.

Thanks,

Carlos.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Hey Carlos, so when you say you reconnected the OE ignition, what do you mean, is the 034 controling the ignition or the stock system? What was the problem before?

Start with the maps I sent you, and from there if you want to lean it out at idle lower the idle fuel paramater, etc.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Javad,

What I did is sharing the hall signal between the 034 and the CIS-E Ignition module.

I tap the hall signal wire from the the distributor to the 034 hall sender signal (clear one).

So, the 034 seems to receive all signals needed and fire the injectors as it should and probably sends the ignition signal as it thinks that is still controling the ignition, but the ground trigger is not connected. Instead I have all the wires per CIS-E (two black 12V to the pos., blk-rd-ye and green to the neg.).

This way the engine fires and seems to run fine. I didn't run on the street since my battery needed to be recharged after the fuel leaking trouble-shooting (pump drained it).

I still don't understand why it doesn't fire the coil. Would it be because the MC coil works differently?

Is anybody out there running a coil that doesn't have the terminal 4? (the ones used on KX, JT and NF engines).

Also, I don't have anything close to idle and won't have time to set any ISV. So, any suggestion? (in my mind I'm going to adjust the TB to be at the lowest possible RPM (probably around 1500).

I would love to ditch the CIS-E ignition but unless we have a clear break through on why is it happening I'm afraid I'll be using this "hybrid" solution.

Later,

Carlos

BTW, for the record and for other potential buyers, I'm not upset at all. Javad has been very responsive with my issue and I'm sure we will find out what's need to be done. It's just a matter of time.
So, don't be discouraged. If you own an Audi or intend to, this is something out of the vocabulary anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts