Automobiles Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
grillage said:
Aren't the rears the same as cabriolet rears too?
yup, all euro coupes and cabs have the same rear bumper, that includes s2s. so they are quite plentiful and are generally cheap. its the shipping that is expensive.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Great progress and thanks for sharing your updates.

I've always been a fan of the B3 hood but I think in this case a B4 would look better, IMO of course. Regardless, it's shaping up to be a very nice ride!

Barry

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hybrid_Hatch said:
grillage said:
Aren't the rears the same as cabriolet rears too?
yup, all euro coupes and cabs have the same rear bumper, that includes s2s. so they are quite plentiful and are generally cheap. its the shipping that is expensive.
Im in for a rear bumper group buy!

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Alright I'll update the masses. I sort of took a small hiatus from cars and such after the Battleborn Event. I worked a lot of nights and weekends getting this car ready and neglected my family a bit, so I figured I'd take a couple weeks after the event and try to be a model citizen again.

First off; No, The car did not make it to battle born. However I still feel like I achieved my goal in building the car in the time allotted. The fact of the matter is, while the car was running and driving, with all major components assembled. I had a radiator with leaking end tanks and a clutch master cylinder that wasn't returning like it should. I didn't want to press my luck and drive 6 hours each way through the desert with a radiator i knew was already leaking. Regardless of these unforeseeable problems, I'm still pleased with the outcome.

On to pic update:

Exhaust tied together. used 3" iroz downpipe, to v-band, v-band to 2.5 reducer, into a 2.5" magnaflow high flow cat, into the stock exhaust. It is quiet as a mouse fart (a bit too quiet to be honest).

As it sat at the exhaust shop;

The nail in the coffin:

I also had a problem with my breather, dumb mistake by me, i tried to run it all together in one hose, dont know what i was thinking, i was probably operating on small amounts of sleep:

this is what it looked like:

this was the result:

Pressurizing the crankcase and forcing oil and air out of the oil cap...

fixed it and ended up using my catch can:

and that is where i left it before the battle born event.

I picked up my other seat at Battleborn (thanks Chris!) and so i've got the fully converted black leather interior done now:

(dont mind the stereo, i put it in my other car for the trip to bbq)

A few weeks before the event a b4 model 90 popped up for sale locally for pretty cheap (sub 1k, fwd automatic), it was pearl and i shot the guy a message explaining I was interested in parts of the car and that if he didn't find a buyer, that i would be happy to buy the hood off of him, or pay him more for the car than a junkyard would, i wished him good luck with the sale and he sent a reply thanking me and that if nothing happened with it, he would keep my offer in mind. Sure enough the week after battleborn he sent me a message telling me he had had almost no interest in the car and wanted it gone. I sent him some screenshots from some of the local junkyards that give offers over the web and they were extremely sad. (less than 150 bucks), he called a couple local wreckers and said they weren't even taking FREE cars. He said if i want the car i could have it for $350 bucks. I told him, I'd be his buyer and went and picked it up the next morning, DROVE it home on the freeway about an hour or so drive, kept it at 80mph the whole way with no problems. It has now become my hood donor and will provide parts to many others around the world:

Donor car:

And the hood in its new home:

Now here are some shots of the car to break the monotony of having pictures of it always sitting in my driveway...

The mural was recently finished by a local artist http://www.srilart.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; he does some amazing work!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
wow, that car looks awesome with the b4 hood! kudos!

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Gunna update this, as i've had people reach out to me since it is currently listed for sale.

This car was sold in 2015 or early 2016 (dont recall), as the title of the project states, it was an 84 day project, and that time was literally nights and weekends. While a LOT was done, not everything was done to the highest standard. It was a bit of a rush trying to get it there.
The next owner finished things that i hadn't finished troubleshooting and did more to get it done. I know there have been at least 2 more owners AFTER him, one of which was a first time classic audi owner.

That being said, the best source of information for this car is the current listing, things that were done and performed in this thread may no longer apply to what is currently on the car.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts