Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously you guessed another question. :wink:

I'm done!!!

I didn't crank it yesterday cause it was 1 am and moved to my current house last July. So, I don't want to be known as: "the freaking guy that moved next door". I have only a small glasspack. :)

The moment of truth :? will be today when I come back from work. Please wish me luck.

Now the question. Javad suggested me to use a GPO output to control the ISV, but I don't think the IIb has provision for GPO. Am I right?

Later and again help for your support.

Carlos.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Carlos,
One thing you might want to consider is using an old aux. air valve off a CIS (not CIS-E) car, like an old CGT...

I'm using that on my 20vt and it works great. All you need to do is connect ign and ground to it... It lets extra air bypass the throttle body for a certain amount of time until the valve inside finally closes. You'll need to fine-tune your idle adjustment screw on your TB to set the idle you want.

Alan

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alan,

Thanks that's a good idea. I'll look into it.

For the other question. Yes it has provision for cold start, but in my case I need to control the idle.

Cheers,

Carlos.

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
Carlos, I'm running an MC ISV off one of the GPO's. Make sure you use 1 or 2 because they are high current and you'll fry 3 or 4 if you try and use them. I have it mapped for MAT vs rpm and it works well. Right now Coolant temp vs rpm isn't available, but Javad says it's on the way.

Also, Javad, you mentioned something about putting a diode across the ISV to expand it's usable range. I haven't tried it yet, can you explain this more, like which way it should face?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jim,

My second question persists.

Does version IIB have GPO's?

If yes which pins?

I see it clearly on the pins descriptions for IIC.

Thanks,

Carlos.

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
Pretty sure it does, they would be the same pins as on the IIc diagram. You definately want to use one for your fuel pump relay, which leads me to another question for Javad.

Will the .25 amp low current GPO3 and GPO4 be enough to hold a relay shut, like the FPR? I would think it should be, but just want to make sure.

I'm looking through the different documentation and some of it is kinda dated. The IIb doc refers to the GPO's as SOL and PWM outputs. Same thing.

Also, one more request for Javad, and way to have the latest 882.exe and related software available for download? The stuff out there right now seems to be for the old ECU.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim,

Thanks for clarifying. I'm already using pin 11 for the FPR (listed as GPO 1 on the IIC).

I guess I can use the pin 12 for the idle valve (GPO 2 for the IIC).

Cheers,

Carlos.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Carlos, sorry for the late reply, yes, IIb does, its SOL1 (Pin 12), Jim's right, I need to update some of the manuals, but SOL = GPO.

For now I wouldn't worry too much about idle control, just get the car running is a good first step.

Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts