Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im looking to buy one of the surge tank kits as a solution to increasing the fuel available to my ABZ coupe quattro.

I'm going to be adding a Garrett TA51 turbo, and running upto about 20psi boost, which should net me around mid 600 crank hp by my calculations.

I'm just wondering, if I mount the tank in the front of the car somewhere in the engine bay, will the stock fuel lines -5ish or whatever they are be adequate for this amount of power? I understand that the stock pump in this configuration will be pumping out plenty of fuel to feed the tank because its at more or less 0psi, but will the stock lines cope?

And also, is there a lead time on the kits, or are they always on the shelf? I'm looking to pick one up when I come over to the US next month.

Cheers,
Kieron.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont really want to play "will they pick up the phone roulette" at international rates thanks.

·
Premium Member
201,871 Posts
It's more a matter of how long you will be making peak power for. The stock lines will quickly refill the tank, they only have to flow enough for your peak power when you're actually making that power. So for say a drag car, track car, street car, etc it's usually never a problem unless you have a really poor stock pump. For land speed cars and standing mile cars you need to pay a little more attention to it, as your sustained load duration is a lot longer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply newt. Car will be mainly street driven with occasional track use so I guess ill be fine based on that.

I replaced all the hardlines and went an from the firewall so don't want to have to replace the lot again.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.