Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. The cylinder numbers in the connector A are firing order or position? (you can tell I'm building the harnesses)

2.What are the following pins?

PWMA
PWMB
CAN H
CAN L

3. I'm using a KX IM (TB on the back). Is there a particular position to install the Intake Temp Sender?
Can I install it on the tube that goes from the filter to the TB? I'm using a CF intake tube that already has a spot that I can use.

Thanks and I'm sure more questions to come.

Carlos.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Hey Carlos,

1- the #'s can correlate to whatever you want them to, but the best way to do it is to correlate them with cyl. #, for example Injector driver #1 correlated to cyl 1, etc.

2 - PWMA is GPO driver #1 (pulse width modulated), you can use this for a fuel pump relay trigger, PWMB with driver #2.

Disregard the CAN outputs.

3 - Yes, put in on the intake tube before the TB, that will work nicely, you just want it to accurately reflect intake air temp, you can also install it in the spot where the cold start valve used to reside.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

The idea of the cold start valve is good to make a clean installation.
I'll look into it.

Later,

Carlos

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
I've run the MAT sensor in three different locations, here's what I've found from worst to best.

Cold start valve location. Works OK, but gets heat soaked real easy, and takes longer to recover.

The current location in a new hole just under the vacuum fittings on the 4kq IM. Still gets heat soaked, but it's perpendicular to airflow which puts it in a better airflow path, and it responds quicker to changes, which I need with WI.

The best spot in the intake pipe before the TB, never got heatsoaked, and was dead on accurate.

HTH

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim,

Thanks.

That's the reason for the question. I would like to heard other's experience on this.

The valve location would be nice on the aesthetic side, but we all know what is the priority order.

I'm using a CF tube between the air filter and the TB. It already has an opening that is currently closed with a rubber cap. So, i guess I'm going to try it there first.

At the valve location I'll cut a piece of aluminum and bolt it there.

Cheers,

Carlos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts