Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone played any racing games for the Wii system? Looking at NFS ProStreet. Would love to get a PS3 with Grand Turismo 5 but financial thats not going to happen with Christmas around the corner. So I'm stuck with my kids Wii system. Anyone played anything worth buying?
Thanks

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my kids play that. need something for 'me'

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Get a 360 and Forza Motorsport. I only play Mario and Wii Sports/Sports Resort on my Wii. I leave the "real" games for my 360.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said, Christmas is for the kids. I get put on the back burner :( No system for me. Its either Wii or PC for now

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
An interesting game on the Wii is, Driver :parallel lines its an old, cheap knock off of GTA. (Grand Theft Auto)

Its the only game i've seen that you can be hanging out of the window of the car your driving while shooting at things, at the same time. i could be wrong as i havent really played any thing since GT2.(Gran Turismo2 ON PS1) I think I paid $10 for Driver, and played it enough to be more than worth it.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Man, i remember playing driver. I beat the Crap outta the GT games. I have been practicing(when i get the chance) on my GT5 Prologue game. I am not too bad now.

Yeah, me and my wife decided that we will have christmas in january and let the kids have all the fun.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
definitely not many options on wii for "serious" games. AKA no sim-style racers, no good realistic shooters (although the new Goldeneye is sweet), etc., etc.

There are some really great games though like mario galaxy, new super mario bros, zelda, smash, etc.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now I think I've changed my mind after doing a bit of research with reviews, nobody recommends racing games for wii. I think I'll go with a pc game and hook it up to my 46" hdtv. There are more options.
So how about pc game recommendations?

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I haven't been keeping up too much with whats been out lately, but I liked the GT Legends game. It should run on whatever PC you have now (its more than a few years old) has great sound, and good clutch support.

·
Registered
729 Posts
loxxrider said:
I haven't been keeping up too much with whats been out lately, but I liked the GT Legends game. It should run on whatever PC you have now (its more than a few years old) has great sound, and good clutch support.
Ha! I just kinda got back into this game! Some of the coolest touring/gt cars from the 60's and 70's, and a lot of epic tracks! Definitely not an arcade racer, though. Playing with a keyboard is borderline.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
oh yeah, keyboard playing is not happening on that one. Kinda hard to modulate the clutch that way lol

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Auto Modellista was ok. Its a gamecube game, so it wontbe the prettiest, but the physics are pretty solid, and the gameplay is fun enough. Worth a shot and can probably pick it up on the cheap.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Get PS3 and GT5 there is no other. I have 3 Audi's in my garage on this game.. waiting for the '82 quattro to appear in the used dealer.
Just saw the Pike's peak Quatt come up for a lot more Credits then I had. Great game.

·
Super Moderator
5,560 Posts
If you want hyper realistic racing, PC based, go to iRacing.com

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
New F1 game is awesome. It makes GT5 Prolog seem 10yrs old. I haven't tried new GT5 yet.

iRacing has great reviews but I haven't tried it. I don't like their business model though so I won't be buying into it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Another vote for Richard Burns Rally. One of the only times I have scared myself by playing a game cause I was going too fast. :) Some of the Tarmac rallys in France are so nerve-racking.

Also, Live for Speed, very realistic and online play. Development is slow but has huge potential.

I also really like GTLegends a lot, there are some good track add-ons for it as well. I couldn't count how many laps I did at Mid-Ohio with the Porsche 914. :)

I'm actually in the process of building a set of pedals and a wheel. Put it on the back-burner lately though, not sure when I'll get around to finishing it.

Brendan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get yourself a 360 and a copy of Forza Motorsport. On my Wii, I just play Mario and Wii Sports/Sports Resort. I save "genuine" games for my Xbox 360.
COD Warzone, COD Mobile, and COD GHOST are just a few of the games available.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts