Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good source for radiator cores? I'm building a new tank for my stock 7A rad (broken hose neck), however I'd like to build something new with a little more cooling capacity in anticipation of dropping the MC-2 in. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
How about stacking 2 stock cores? The price is right 8) , and you get to keep all the stock mounting points.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's a pretty good suggestion, however I'd like to go with something brand new rather than spending a bunch of time fabbing something only to have it leak in a year. Stock rads aren't cheap either. Any leads on a source for cores only would be greatly appreciatey. BTW, I apologize for posting this on the 034 forum I meant to put it in chit chat.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Javad, this is exactly what I was looking for. I'll be in contact about pricing.

-Dave

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
If you need something really custom, I may be able to pull some strings at Modine...If my $40 ABY-spec IC has a bad core (leak), I'll be calling my friend that works there to get a new core made ;-)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've got a one-man radiator shop near me where the guy has several "sheets" of different thickness radiator core that he just cuts to whatever size he needs...

Maybe one option is to check small radiator shops near you and see if they'd cut something to your size.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Coop and Alan. I'm just looking to purchase a section of aluminum core cut to my dimensions. As Alan stated this is something which is available to any radiator shop, I was just surprised that there weren't any online retailers selling cores to consumers. I will do some calling to local rad shops and if I can't turn anything up I'll be sure to return and take you up on your generous offers. :wink:

-Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While I'm on the subject, does anyone have a stock rad from a coupe or 90Q20V with broken tanks that they're willing to part with? Thanksl.

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Isn't that the same rad as in all the 80/90q's?? Or were they metal as opposed to plastic tanks?

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Cool, thought so. I was scratchin' my head there for a sec... wait no that was an itch... carry on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts