Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a new tread based on Nates "out of sync problem"

Nate, you can set the ECU up to run wasted spark and completely get rid of the need for an extra sensor telling the ECU which cycle to fire on. I've been running it like this for a while and it works great. The car starts every time, and I've had no issues. Once I get the car up and running again I can post a screen shot. Javad, do you have one handy?

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
well duh, that makes sense, I'll set that up today and see how she likes it. Any isues with over-driving the coilpacks, since now they're running at twice the RPM essentially?

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Nate, this works really well, basically you set up 10 ignition phases and run the second 5 360 degrees out of phase of the first 5. You'll split up the phases at intervals of 720 degrees divided by 10. That way you have waste spark and fire each coil on both the intake and exh. stroke.

Figure now you're firing the coil 10 times per cam revolution instead of 5, this is still less than half as much as each coil would fire when running dist. ignition, of course if your using COP coils there could be an issue, but I doubt it since its still a very low duty cylcle for the coils.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts