Automobiles Forum banner
141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
here the car has sat waiting patiently.... note the freaking dust.

we finally finished running the battery cables... done.

and we started laying out the 034 harness, and WOW... I knew it was going to be high quality, but .... WOW! It's sux that most of it will be hidden including the shiny IIc.

So that's where we are right now, trying to make a game plan on how to delete the wires and such that we don't need in the engine bay... I only want to do this once. Meaning only cut wires once!

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
What an awsome build. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Started deleting un-needed wires out of the stock v8 harness.

We got rid of the old fuel injector plugs so far..

We also found a fuel saving device (green magnet) on the fuel line that the previous owner installed :D those things were a joke!

We also tried to install the 034 block off plates, and we couldn't get either to fit? They were both different sizes??? We weren't sure if we were supposed to take off the spacer block that attached the distributor to the motor.... but they didn't fit with those off either?

So anybody use these with any success?

Last, I'm having the plastic intake machined out-of aluminums... i'll post some pics when it's done...

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
sayoda said:
We also tried to install the 034 block off plates, and we couldn't get either to fit? They were both different sizes??? We weren't sure if we were supposed to take off the spacer block that attached the distributor to the motor.... but they didn't fit with those off either?

So anybody use these with any success?
The one with the O-ring goes on the side without the hall sensor in the distributor, after completely removing it. The one without the O-ring goes on the side with the Hall Sensor over the distributor body after you cut the shaft shorter I believe.

I do wish 034 would be a little more explicit with the description on their website for those parts. Adam and I had the same confusion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
awesome build just bought a 90q sedan upgrade from my 80q sedan and am contemplating a 3.6 swap you should put up a master list of all the parts bought for the swap when your done :woowoo:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
thanks for the compliment --- and as for a master list, WOW i wish that i had one 8)

but wouldn't that take the fun out of it???

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
so we went from comparing the old Nardi wheel I have to the newer audi 3 spoke wheel that I just got...

what do you guys think?

to pulling the dash.

we figured we wanted to delete some wires that we won't be using and adding some new ones...

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
-an 034 hole has appeared through the firewall

-all the switches (abs, seat heaters, rear defrost, front fogs, rear fog) have been deleted, along with the plugs and wiring (to make room for the innovate display.

-I can't believe all the abs and airbag crap, it will all be gone!

-the stereo will be rewired (in my opinion the owner before me had a professional hack wiring/install job done)

-finally finished removing the wood from the interior and added the carbon pieces i had

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looking good Steve! Keep the progress going! You will be driving in no time :woowoo:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice progress. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
opened up the heater box, needs a little spring cleaning!

we are trying to install the IIc in its new home under the heater box...

the next step will be to install it all now and hopefully it doesn't interfere with too much stuff (our fingers r crossed)...

and then remove it to seal it all back up, and cut and reroute some of the ductwork for our feet, and then put it all back in again.

at this time i'm also putting in a new heatercore... makes sense!

i'm wondering if i should replace any a.c. stuff at this point?
(besides the fact it stopped blowing cold air when we started to take it apart)

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
been working on the car a little bit...

-heater core assembly back in (034 ecu mounted)

-dash back in (stereo rewired --- sounds mint)

-still working on fiinishing the rest of the wiring

and my rota wheels came in ....

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Summer has dragged on and fall is finally here!

Project has been dusted off and resumed were left off...

Some small updates too follow:

Biggest problem is I couldn't get my computer to play nice with the IIc ecu (stoopid vista and no actual comm port)

Long story short but a laptop was built for the car (thanks MIKE)

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
I got a 245/40 17 tire mounted on one of the wheels (checking fitment)

Fits awesome out back, but the front tie rod ends will need to be flipped for clearance.

And the brake kit from 034 is awesome.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
We are trying to figure out how to get the guages to work on the coupe.

The 3 center gauges are volt, oil pressure and oil temp.

volt gauge already works

oil pressure (do we just hook up the sensor from the v8 to the coupe's harness?)

oil temp (same thing)

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
the wheels are 35... are you running the same size tire that i will be?

141 - 160 of 184 Posts