1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 10valve audi 5cyl motor

I hate CIS-E

it's ugly, old and only works correct half the time

I can install teh EFI system myelf but need teh information first..

can anyone help me out on what parts I would need, if any audi car ahs some I can rob or am I stuck with buying all new stuff?

and what would I need to buy if I bough tall new stuff??

thanks in advance...my project is starting now!

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
ok, here's a list to get you started

#1- 034efi...whichever stage you choose :wink:
#2- injectors to suit you power level
#3- fuel rail
#4- fuel pressure regulator/ whether it be adjustable or not, your choice
#5- injector seats that go into the head from any efi 8v VW.
#6- throttle body with a tps
#7- um....I'm sure there's other things, but i can't think of em' now :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm curious if I can "junk yard" some of teh peices...other then the controller from 034? ie fuel rail, injectors and seats, FPR, TB with TPS?

I've got an abundance of old junked cars lying around in my area at some GREAT yardfs and could easily attain these parts for little or no cost to me....

anyways let me know what you guys think....

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Jason hallman said:
I'm curious if I can "junk yard" some of teh peices...other then the controller from 034? ie fuel rail, injectors and seats, FPR, TB with TPS?

I've got an abundance of old junked cars lying around in my area at some GREAT yardfs and could easily attain these parts for little or no cost to me....

anyways let me know what you guys think....
The fuel rail will have to be made since no 10v motors have one you can use. Just about everything else can be from the junkyard, and on quite a few of our motors, we started with junkyard bits. I used 5 dollar each Volvo turbo injectors, until they started leaking and I sprang for some new ones (about 200 for the set of 5, not bad at all) The injector seats are only about 3-5 bucks each from the dealer, so I'd recommend getting those new and not having to mess with removing them from a junker. The fuel pressure reg is a great junkyard piece, they cost a few bucks, and you can get a variety of base pressures. I'm using one from a Dodge turbo car (55psi base) and it even bolts to the Audi intake manifold making a real clean install. For the TB and TPS, if you can find a Digifant Fox from California :D It has a throttle body with TPS that bolts to the 4kq manifold. Otherwise, you can usually pick up a TPS off a random motor and adapt it to your throttle body. Just be sure to get a real TPS with varying resistance rather than one of the switch arrangements the L Jetronic and CIS cars had.
And you should get your air and water temp sensors new just for the sake of reliability and longevity.
HTH

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
the fuel rail is kind of a custom piece. javad sells them on the 034 website.
the rest of the stuff yeah, you could get from junked cars. the injectors. you just have to decide on how to configure things the way you want them to be.

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
the FPR, TB, injectors, injector inserts, and TPS you can certainly get from junkyard sources.

The injector inserts you might as well by new.. they only cost ~$1 new from the dealer.

The fuel rail AFAIK you need to fabricate.. You can make one fairly easily using fuel rail stock purchased from places like force efi (http://www.force-efi.com. cost is around $10/foot and you basically cut it to the desired length, tap the ends for NPT, and drill injector holes at the correct spacing. good stuff, works great on my car.

I believe Javad is still selling fuel rails for around $100 if you'd rather go that route.

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Eurovan has a 5cyl 10v EFI engine. But I doubt you'd find one in a yard. Pretty uncommon. Their IM was slightly different than the MC's to make room for the injectors and wiring...Although, there is a yard selling an EV rail w/injectors for $100 on car-part.com. Another has an IM w/injectors (Rail too?) for $100.

Intake Manifold
Volkswagen Van EuroVan gas- EE21 $200 World Auto Parts USA-CA(Glendale) E-mail 1-888-782-8781
Intake Manifold
Volkswagen Van EuroVan 2.5,SELL COMPLETE 012016 $150 Packwaukee Auto Salvage - QRP Partner USA-WI(Packwaukee) E-mail 1-800-686-3036
Intake Manifold
Volkswagen Van EuroVan W,FUEL INJECTORS 3I146 $100 Tony's Used Parts USA-VA(Rhoadesville) E-mail 1-800-883-2713
Intake Manifold
Volkswagen Van EuroVan GAS 12R040 $95 Phil's Auto Salvage USA-CO(Hotchkiss) E-mail 877-737-5656
Intake Manifold
Volkswagen Van EuroVan 7 91,FI,2.5L,GL 3H0550 US$92.59
CAN$125.00 Union Auto Parts Can-ON(Nepean) E-mail 1-800-263-3595
Intake Manifold
Volkswagen Van EuroVan WITH 337, 100320 $85 Central Auto Recyclers USA-NH(Concord) Quote 1-800-258-3215 Insurance-Quote
Intake Manifold
Volkswagen Van EuroVan 2.5L,COMPLETE INTAKE CRP $Call Nordstrom's Automotive Inc. USA-SD(Garretson) E-mail 1-605-594-3910
Intake Manifold
Volkswagen Van EuroVan A50810 $Call Austin Veedub, Inc. USA-TX(Austin) E-mail 1-800-282-3119
Intake Manifold
Volkswagen Van EuroVan 2.5L NOF $Call Austin Veedub, Inc. USA-TX(Austin) E-mail 1-800-282-3119

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so I can make my own fuel rail no problem with some stock from the listed place.

what about injectors?, will ANY injectors work?

or should I look for some beefy v8 ones or something?

and as for those that have this done....was it worth the time energy and money?

I assume that raw wiring comes a long with the ecu parts from 034efi

anyways the search is on now!!!

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
newt said:
audifreakjim said:
:wtf:
yeah yeah yeah, i was didn't know the other fellas were typin' a reply as well, so there....... :wink:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Don't forget you will need some way to program the efi brain if you don't already have a laptop. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
derracuda said:
newt said:
audifreakjim said:
:wtf:
yeah yeah yeah, i was didn't know the other fellas were typin' a reply as well, so there....... :wink:
That was pretty cool though, three of you guys in completely different area's posted pretty much the same info at the same time. Hmm, if this was an online drinking game, I think that calls for a social! Bottoms up 8)

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
:wink:

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
Ok, I'll say something usefull. Usually the V8 injectors are not the best because they are pretty small. Something from a turbo 4 or supercharged 6 is usually in the 30# range, and that should get going for a while. After that, look into some Racetronics.com 50#'ers, highly recommended.

Ok, that wasn't really usefull since your not turbo'd right? In that case, some V8 injectors should be fine.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
You like them injectors alright/ THats what i ended up buying.....have you ever seen your exact engine in a Type 44? Hehe, im so close....but so far....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts