Automobiles Forum banner

SNOW!!!!

6K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  ShavedQuattro 
#1 ·
Hey,

Got my car running again,and decided this was a perfect day for testing!
Oops I forgot to mount my snow tires........Wow 6psi and 225-50-15 in snow is crazy good fun. Its like being on the ice with no studs! I hope you all enjoy the Quattro weather.........

Aaron

going back out for some fun

#4 ·
Just got back from playing in the snow with my Q. The college I graduated from has a HUGE parking lot that was calling my name. I had my 90q pegged at 6k and just tooled around the lot sideways for a good half hour. Just didn't seem to get old :lol:

A lot of aspects of winter I can do without, but I love driftin' and general sideways action :woowoo:

#5 ·
Big parking lots are fun for sure. My wife begs me to take her out when we get a big dump of snow. I think she has more fun riding than I do driving......
nah! Lets hear some more winter driving stories.

Aaron

#6 ·
come on guys, stop it, this really isn't fair, except, that I never have to deal with rust. :D

#8 ·
iduaobrut said:
Rust... Whats that? Ever seen a rusty chain saw? Thats what I use to undercoat my car(chain bar oil).
you must not own many type 85s then? :)

I agree with the no-rust claim on my type89 90q... 300k miles on the clock and not a speck of rust on the underbody. Galvanization rules!

#12 ·
and my car is known as the b2, audi 4000 and 80-90 of years 85-87. and I believe, the type 81 is just the predicessor (81-84 model years). and now kids, that's how we all got confused :bashtard:

#13 ·
iduaobrut said:
I have never understood why everyone refers to Audi's with the type#.
Whats wrong with 4kq?90q?5000tq? I'm just curious? to be honest I'm not sure what a type 89 is.
The reason I refer to the different body styles by type is just for convienience...

I could have said:

80, 90, coupe quattro

but "type 89" encompases all of them.

same as type85 == 4k, coupe gt, UrQ.

#14 ·
My wife begs me to take her out when we get a big dump of snow. I think she has more fun riding than I do driving......
Man, my fiance from Southern California hasn't figured it out how fun it can be yet. My fishtailing and sliding around corners usually results in her swearing she'll never ride with me again. They've been out spraying de-icer on the roads so hopefully we'll get some snow tonight here in CO.

#16 ·
hey guys, I finally got my snow!!!! we had about a foot of fresh powder dropped last night in the hills behind where i live with more comin in the next few days. It's a bit deep for the audi, but my suburban with 35's and a locker goes real well in it :D

#17 ·
guys, it came to my house, 6 inches of fresh powder !!!!!!!!! the whole of oregon is covered in it right now, :woowoo: yeeeeehhaaaaaa
guess how many parking lots I'm gonna leave untouched ? :D

#18 ·
You're lucky...

Here in Michigan it's been 40+ degrees and rainy all weekend.

No snow anywhere anymore :(

I'm glad I didn't blow a carpload of money this year on winter tires.

Steve

#19 ·
yeah, tonight it gets into the teens, after it warmed up enough today when the sun came out and started melting everthing,water all over the place and it's already 3 below freezing. so tommorrow will be much fun.........mwuuhhhahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

#20 ·
here's a couple of pics. the one with the upside down car shows how stupid people can be,the snow was only about 5-6 inches of mostly slush. and about 50ft before it there was a bread van and three cars all try to occupy the same space at the same time :p

#22 ·
nice v8, is that a 3.6? if so, wanna donate it to my charity of adding power to cars that desperately need it ? :D

#23 ·
i can't believe it. all the snow was melted away yesterday, but i woke this morning 4 more inches!!!

#24 ·
Yea that V8 is a 3.6. Its a funny car. My mom bought it about a year ago, and it had a Euro guages(Kilometers and such). It says it only has 90,000 KM on it, but i don't believe it. I think someone switched it over. Fun car though. needs some more power and a 5 speed.

Congrats on the snow. Las vegas i guess has another crack at some snow tomarrow.

Hank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.