Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are they available yet? or could i contract thru you to get a collector and flanges and do the rest myself? just curious as my single piece stocker is cracked pretty bad, and if i just put another one on, it'll crack too.....poopy :x

Jeff

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Hey Jeff, I'm in the process of finishing up a batch of 5 right now, they should be available to ship in 2-3 weeks. They are all Stainless 304 with mild steel flanges, price is $650, I'm currently taking $100 deposits to hold one, 3 are currently sold, let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
are these the 10v or 20v headers?

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
10v, I just finished a 20v prototype and those should be available this summer.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
heh 8) , i already saw one :wink: ....lookin' sweet!!

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
I'll post a bunch of pics tomorrow, it turned out real nice :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Javad,
Any particular reasons for the mild steel flanges? Given your experience level I'm assuming that there was a specific reason for specing this material rather than 304 as in your original header. Just curious as to what it is since I'll be tig'ing up my header soon and am looking to have flanges fabbed. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Hey Dave, I've used both mild steel (cold rolled) and 304, honestly, there is no difference IME, except for cost. I use .5" material, so strength really isn't an issue, but to have 304 flanges cut costs almost 5 times as much, and I figure most people would rather save $2-300 than have stainless flanges (the fact that stainless usually needs to be water jet cut as opposed to plasma usually aggrivates the problem too).

I can have flanges made and headers built with either material, so its just a matter of cost. Not like you're going to rust through 1/2" flanges, and if you get the header coated (a better investment IMO), then there is no need to worry about it, and the steel holds up to warping and the heat just fine.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
also dave, hank (shavedquattro), said he has stainless flanges for $15 each. all cnc machined. so you might want to contact him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts