Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. One should connect a manifold vacuum line on the rubber hose at the back of the unit, right?

BTW, this is not written anywhere on the documentation. (or at least I couldn't find)

2. One should put a fuse on the power feed of the ECU, right? Amps (5,10,...)?

Cheers,

Carlos

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
1. yep, the hose connection on the ECU goes to manifold vacuum. Just to clarify, this should be a source of vacuum that is behind the throttle body that sees vacuum at idle and boost on.. well.. boost :p

2. Probably a good idea. I went overboard and made my own little board with a fat connection to the battery then individual fused circuits for all the custom stuff I was wiring in. I gave the ecu a 30 amp fuse and it hasn't blown. I may try stepping down a few amps at a time to see if lower is more appropriate.

here is a pic of the board I made with the little 5-circuit fuse block at the bottom and a junction box made from a radio shack project box with bolts sticking through the top sort of in the middle of the pic:

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
1) Correct, the vacuum line is essential for proper fuel calculations and load compensation/ignition advance/retarding. It should be connected to the intake manifold post throttle body.

2) Yup, you never want an unfused power source, I think a 15a fuse is more along the lines of what you want. If I recall correctly the 034EFI ecu at max load will pull/handle at most 16A. I'll check my docs

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Carlos, generally I recommend a 30A fuse, you don't want that thing blowing, especially during a race, and 30A is plenty more than enough to protect from a short, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts