Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have been looking to upgrade my clutch on the 5000 with the stage 3 setup from Spec. They do group buys up for 5 clutches, and the gent i talked to said that it can be any early 90's late 80s clutches included. just no a4 a6s or s4's. I Know that Javad is looking at them for his 20v project, and I nkow that others are putting together beasts. 3 more interested? Here is a link to there stuff. Pretty neat goods.

http://www.specclutch.com/specMain.html

Check it out.

You know how i thought my clutch was gone....It was just the crown of the pressure plate snapping giving me no pressure to engage. the reall tell tell was the shaking clutch.

Cheers

Hank

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
I've already got a set, I did a group buy earlier this year, highly recommended.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David, the guy i talked to said that it would probly be a 10 percent cut for 5. I think the stage 3's are around 470 retail so in the neiborhood of 420 could be expected. finding 5 to group buy with may be a trick though. The other thing to consider is the lightweight PP. For 70 bucks you get 15 percent cut on weight using different alloys and steels, or about 2 pounds. Maybe we should lobby for the retail but with a the lightweight PP. Jim, what stage do you have your eye on?

Cheers.
Hank

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
Oh, probably the stage 3. I'm kinda going on Javad's advice since I really have no idea. I'm probably going to need one of these at some point, but I don't think now's a good time for me. I expect I'll be pulling the motor some time this summer, so at that time a new clutch and Findazia flywheel go on the MC motor with big valve head, inconel EX valves and Ti retainers.

So, yea, I need to start saving some coin. I guess for now count me out, unless you guys REALLY need me. :roll:

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, i jumped the gun too, buecase Javad already got his....he said he was going to use a Spec clutch, i thought he was going to get one. He aready has one.....

Naw i havn't found anyone yet..so ill probly just pay the piper. :(

Yea, i want to plan a big valve job springs and cam. The summer will be great i suppose :wink:
I want to do the Findazia flywheel, but i can't find any for the 016 app. Im looking at ways to take material off the stock one, but that seems like a PITA, and sortof scary too. We'll see.

Cheers to ya.
Hank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts