Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just got an email from RPI equipped (would like to post it in here)
they have WILWOOD 13" and 11" kits for the AUdi 90 coupe and quattro For the front.The kits sell at $1395 and $995.
I got a special price due to the fact that i emailed them over 4 months ago and they never got backt o me so me being the angry customer (ye right) called them and it tursn out they had me on file.
So guess what...i got the 13" kit at $990 and the 11" kit at $690!
so if anyone wanted to upgrade there brakes to Wilwood..... :D
you know...

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
any chance we can just buy the caliper carriers from them?

the rest of the 13" system can be purchased retail for ~700 for everything else you need (rotors, hats, calipers, SS lines, etc) last time I priced it out

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
cool, maybe I'll put a call in with them in a little bit. The 90 is definitely up for a brake upgrade, and the stock ones are about at the end of their usefull lives anywho.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
398 Posts
It might not be what you want to deal with, but you can build the brackets for Wilwood calipers dirty cheap.

It involves welding, but judging by what you all do to your vehicles it might not be such a big deal.

Let me know if anyone want's to look at it.

Cheers,

Carlos.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CS_Rally said:
It might not be what you want to deal with, but you can build the brackets for Wilwood calipers dirty cheap.

It involves welding, but judging by what you all do to your vehicles it might not be such a big deal.

Let me know if anyone want's to look at it.

Cheers,

Carlos.
:slap:
HAHHAHAA!
hell yes!
Javad has chopped up his 80TQ uinto a beast.I have copped up my audi standard seats to fit the Sparco's Tourings,
My bubba had a fit when he saw my seats...he was like and i give you money to do this? :x
but hey i dont think anyone has bucket seatrs in there audi(except for Valencia Auto Body) :woowoo:
chopped up my trunk to get the base and amp to fit nicely and sacrificed bearinsga nd all that bs for nice rolling 17"

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
A friend made me some Willwood adaptors for my 4kq. Super easy if you have a bridgeport machine. I decided to keep the stock rotors so I can still
run 14" wheels. I'm sure he could make many more if there was a market.
I should be testing them by the middle of January so I'll keep you all posted.

Aaron

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
iduaobrut said:
A friend made me some Willwood adaptors for my 4kq. Super easy if you have a bridgeport machine. I decided to keep the stock rotors so I can still
run 14" wheels. I'm sure he could make many more if there was a market.
I should be testing them by the middle of January so I'll keep you all posted.

Aaron
Yeah, that was my plan (especially if I can land the house I'm looking at (there's a bridgport in the garage :D)

Was just curious, cause iffin they're dirt cheap no sense in reinventing the wheel ;)

·
Registered
398 Posts
There are other places but you can start here:

http://www.pitstopusa.com/CALIPERBRACKETS.asp

http://www.pitstopusa.com/WILBILLETNDLCALIPERS.asp (check at Wilwood's web site for the dimensions)

The key is find a match for the rotors' offset.

However, Coleman makes a hat that is 4x108 and you probably can use different Coleman discs on this hat.

Another opion on rotors is using the 90 20V ones and place the caliper/brackets to match it.

This option would be under $500 with the 90 20V rotors.

Later,

Carlos

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
hey aaron, are the calipers your using dynalite II's? if so, I was just curious, cause I didn't think they would fit behind the stock wheel. I'm trying to find a setup that will fit behind my konig imagines, which have relatively low clearance for a four pot caliper. I know where i can get 12 1/2" rotors for cheap that just need a center hat to be machined to mount it up to the hub. what i have in mind is a heavy duty brake setup that can fit behind a 15" (possibly 14") wheels. the main set back is just the back space per individual wheel.[/quote]

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hi,

My goal is to use the stock rotors. Yes they are Dynalite II's. I can buy stock rotors for so damn cheap it seems foolish to waste the time and effort.I'm not rolling 20" chrome wheels yo,and I'm not all over the bling bling thing.
I'll let you know how they work when I get them all done.

Adapters$free
Calipers$240
pads$40
lines$50

hmmm you think RPI is charging enough?

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
I was pricing my stuff out at: http://www.precisionbrakes.com/

The guys there are great to work with, and have even gone so far as to fax me a cad cross-section mockup of the caliper, rotor, and hat combination that I was looking at to see if it would fit. What I was planing on using was the Mustang 4x4.25 bolt pattern 1.25" offset hats (~80 ea, one time purchase) up front with a set of 12.19" rotors (~45 ea), the 4 pot Billet Dyanlite calipers (122 each), and the SS lines, like Aaron said, ~50 each, and pads ~30-60 depending on the compound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts