Automobiles Forum banner

Sport quattro copy.. project is SOLD :(

93K views 347 replies 84 participants last post by  ralleyquattro 
#1 · (Edited)
It seams that everyone and their grandma is doing an SQ conversion of some sorts. This one is no different. Sort of similar to the highoctane guys, however our kit is in Carbon Fibre and from a different source.

Here is the progress so far.

The car stripping day, engine was first to go, not sure why Mr Hopton is so happy.

OK, engine is out, now what??

This will be fun to fix, NOT

Car flipping day, now I can start cleaning the bottom side. doh!

Beautiful Georgia rust free floors.. ;)

Big thanks to Mike H and Craig C (highlander) for their help so far!

Mr Cook himself is doing the same project here

Sport quattro project's update

And Mr Hopton has joined us as well.

Get Shorty, AKA - The Binladen Sport

See less See more
#53 ·
ralleyquattro said:
90quattrocoupe said:
Do you have a brand and part number for this engine stand?
Sorry, I don't have part numbers, but I am sure once it's back up and working (not at this moment) you can check out their site

http://www.princessauto.com

Cheers
Sold out. Would be perfect for 4 cylinder motor that bolt to the subframe. Nothing like it in the states, at least looking at a Google search.

Greg.

#62 ·
So... as per Craig I did another 10min of work... ;)

Deskinned the roof.

Cleaned pass side tar.

And removed pass side outer rocker.

Some issues on the bottom of the A-pillar, the sunroof drain was pushed back into the pillar and all the slaty water did damage to the bottom door hinge and obviously bottom the pillar itself.

Next I'll be moving onto the driver side, just need to find another spare 20min :lol:

#67 ·
I don't quite know why, but every time I see a project of this mangitude unfold, it is kind of emotional for me. We..............you are bringing a old idea to fruition for us.

The group b era for me, is the ultimate evolution of the road going car. I know that cars like the Ford Rs 200, the Lancia Delta S4, the Metro 6R4,in so many ways ,were superior to the original concept of the Audi sport quattro, however moving on 25 years, we have the skills to build something that , then was so limited in production numbers for a few people who could afford them.

Like Mike said "Game on"

We're building 600 hp group b monsters on a comparative peanut budget, compared to the works cars that command the mega money that they do today.

Life is good............... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers,

Craig. :cheers: :cheers:

#69 ·
Martin,

FWIW - You guys amaze me! I can't even find the time to post my project and continue to work on it! Over the holidays, I got the 10vt out of the URQ and am getting ready to prep the engine bay for the 20vt and install the appropriate wiring harnesses. Thanks for your support.. parts! Keep up with the great project... it keeps me motivated.

#75 ·
Got another 20min to spare.. ;)

Started taking stuff off the ur-q this time..

Incredable, Georgia car, coupld not see it from the outside, yet corrosion in the seam.. only up front.

Back end looknig a bit more naked.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... still need to pull all the crap out of the inside (temporary storage)

Here are the cut off parts.

All the yellow stuff is wax overload... someone at the factory must have fallen asleep.. it was couple of mm thick.

More next weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.