Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The suede center section of my driver's seat is torn on my 87 5K so I was wondering if anyone had a seat that they would let go. Its the tan color and is for the sport seat. I would take both the drivers and passengers if they are in good shape. Here's a pic of what I'm after and what mine used to look like:

Don't mind the ridiculous shift knob. It was the first one I made and fit the hand of a mouse!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right, alcantara. Thanks for the links yoda. I have a guy that's redoing my headliner that I can get quality fabric from, but was hoping to just find the seats and grab the covers. Unfortunately, mine are the only tan alcantara sport seats I've seen so I don't think the pickings are that great in the used market. It would definitely be cheaper to find these than to get my current ones reupholstered with new materials. He was thinking about 700 per seat for a full redo. His work is incredible but that's out of my budget. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Those are the only alcantara T44 seats I've ever seen. Sure they're not a custom job?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Olympic edition 5k's came with alacantara inserts on the seats and the doors depending on the interior color.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have the same seats in black/charcoal but it doesn't indicate it's an olympic edition anywhere, not even on the original dealership window card. where would I see this badge on the car?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
IIRC the 1986 5k Commemorative Edition cars had alcantara inserts too. I have a pamphlet from Audi at home which outlines what "special" things the cars got (wasnt much, more for marketing). Nice interior!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yes chrome badges and trunk key hole is in the tail lights. I guess that answers my question, thanks. My parts car has the hole in the trunk steel above the lights; I always wandered about that. Even my dash is cracked in the same place as above lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.