Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if any can help me with my miss understanding of a 2.0l engine, I have recently got a full kenetic stage 3 turbo kit for my mk4 jetta 2.0l 8v. My concerns are..... 1) will my internals be able to hold 250whp and be ok and not blow to pieces? 2) I'm hearing if I put the head gasket spacer on that I will be pushing 25-28psi of boost, idk if that's totally true. I'm thinking more around 21-25psi, but will my engine be able to handle that much boost? 3) I've heard if I swap the 8v head to a 16v head I shouldn't have many problems with the boost or power I'm producing. 4) if I'm putting out 250whp and I'm on my stock trans should I go with a stage one cultch or stage 2? Please help me out I'm need the help.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I was under the impression that the 2.0l 8v engines had very weak stock internals. Are you rebuilding the whole engine?

I mean they don't call it the 2.slow for nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rogermoz said:
I was under the impression that the 2.0l 8v engines had very weak stock internals. Are you rebuilding the whole engine?

I mean they don't call it the 2.slow for nothing.
If I have to put new rods and new pistons and shit then I will.

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
so you have an AEG?
what type of engine mgt are you using / plan on?

there are well documented 16v and 20v head swaps

what are your ultimate goals for the car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my2000apb said:
so you have an AEG?
what type of engine mgt are you using / plan on?

there are well documented 16v and 20v head swaps

what are your ultimate goals for the car?
Yes I have a AEG, and I'm not sure, and also I'm gonna put a 16v head on it. My goal is to put 250hp to the car and be able to build the boost without my engine breaking into pieces. I here that I would need to get new rods and pistons. Is that true?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I want to say the stock internals is good up to around 15psi but I'd probably replace them if you plan on running more than that.

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
you can make 250 hp on an 8v head, 16v head will just make a wider powerband

250 chp, no rods or pistons needed

250+whp yea id do them

how much psi they can take is very relative, 12 psi from a 40r will blow it up no prob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my2000apb said:
you can make 250 hp on an 8v head, 16v head will just make a wider powerband

250 chp, no rods or pistons needed

250+whp yea id do them

how much psi they can take is very relative, 12 psi from a 40r will blow it up no prob
I will put putting down 250whp, but my not totally sure on the boost, I've heard all sorts of ranges. 12-18psi to 20-28 psi. But are you saying my shit will blow if I push over 12psi of boost?

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
im saying different turbos push different amounts of hp with different psi levels

im saying itll pop near ~275 fwhp, at what boost level is dependent on what turbo.

hypothetical example but it works
a gt28 will pop it at ~25 psi
a 30r at 17
a 35 at 14

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I was stupid for not asking:( I was to happy that I got it but I guess I'll make a call tomorrow to them tomorrow and ask. I heard the rods and pistons on 8v 2.0l are just as strong as a 1.8t, idk how it really is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts