Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An update for all those waiting for the flywheel triggers, we'll be finishing up the software in the next week or so. Since the 034 Stage II ECU needs to see a hall sender for the "Trigger B" (what will trigger off the flywheel pin), I designed a cnc alum. bracket that will hold the hall sensor we provide to fit into the stock audi I5 bracket, see attached pics:

http://www.80tq.com/albums/?mode=album& ... sorBracket

Stay tuned, we'll have this option available soon.

Thanks,

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
nice work, bravo !! (cheering in background) :wink:

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
:woowoo:

I was holding off doing engine bay wiring for the 20vt swap until this became available. SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, we got the first car running off flywheel triggers last night :woowoo:

I'll be doing more tweeking tonight, but everything looks very promising.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
will this work with my stage IIa ? that would be kinda sweet

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
pulling my engine tonight, looking forward to a nice clean install using flywheel triggering. Might as well while the heater is running in the garage. My poor roomate is about to shoot his adnoH Passport. Today it's the heater core.. looks to be about as much fun as on a Type 89 :frustrated:

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the Stage IIa is upgradable to c-spec, but Derek, you have an early ECU, those aren't upgradable, you'll need to get ahold of the Stage II box for any sort of ignition control.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
:(

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry buddy, well, there are plenty of people looking for the early ECU's, don't be afraid to keep your radar out for interested folk, with the wiring harness, etc, I'm sure you could get pretty much what you paid for it.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
well, for now the 034 and mac11 combo works fine for me. I don't plan on running more than 15psi boost, so i think i'll be alright. i'll save my stage IIc experience for the cuda :wink:

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Absolutely :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts