Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Ford Idle Speed Solenoid (Basically the strange mutation between the GM IAC and an ISV) operate with the 034 like the GM IAC or is the plug-in or wiring different? Reason I ask is because Thunderbird Turbo coupes and Mustangs have a nice Throttle Body on them, complete with an idle device and proper TPS. Any thoughts on this, I lost the auction on the VW ABA TB!

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Honestly, I'm not sure, chances are it could be controlled with one of the GPO outputs, but its hard to say, I've never looked at one.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
why dont you mimic Javad's setup?
at least you know what you will have wiht this setup and not what you will get....speaking of throttle bodies.
Javad i am builidng a custom intake manifold(2 in one)
sorry for hijacking the thread but will a VR6 throttle body be the best for my application?

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
VR6 TB is a good unit, simple, has a nice adjustable throttle stop on it, simple 3-wire TPS, etc. Might be a little big for your application, you could probably get away with an ABA TB too, or even a Fox or 7A Coupe Quattro or Audi V6 TB will work too

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Javid, I can send you a Ford ISS, you wanna look at it? If it does work, it might be the best option as most GM TB's are 4 or 2 barrels. Let me know, I have one laying in the garage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have access to an Audi V6 one. THe mounting flanges are the same on the 2.8 as all Audi's, right?

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
You don't have to have a huge TB guys, I used to have a 65 mm TB and hated it! I went back to the stock 4kq TB didn't notice any performance drop, and gained my drivability back. The 4kq TB is good for at least 400 hp, dyno tested. I also have V6 TB with the TPS on it if anyone wants it, it will bolt up to just about every audi/vw intake manifold that used the dual butterfly TB. I'd use it, but my downpipe is in the way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim, shoot me an email on that TB. There's a 2.8 here in the yard I could get a TB off of for dirt cheap, but if you've got one already off, that makes it easier. Let me know what you want, it should work perfect with what I have, plus not having to make a TPS bracket or such is nice!

[email protected]

THANKS!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
sorry to revive this... but does the 7A TB bolt up to the JT manifold?? Trying to figure out which TB and IM combo im gonna be using. Thanks for the help guys.

Jared

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
you use the stock CGT throttle cable??

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yes, but be careful to adjust the traveling or you will ended up like me.

Cheers,

Carlos.

Just kidding, I don't think you will submit your car to the same punishment.
It probably broke when I hit something (AKA big rock) that tilted the engine to the pass side while I was in full throttle. Not a good combination.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
:thanks:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts