Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know if the 80/90q strut housings will fit right into a 4kq and if they have enough adjustment to set up camber for proper tire wear?thanks, :)

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
They should fit in, the rear tie rods will have to be swapped for the 80/90q units, you'll also have to have the 80/90q front caliper carriers as well, if I remember correctly.

As for camber adjustment, thats not adjusted via the strut on either setup, just the lower ball joint. So alignment should be within the same constraints for both styles.

All from memory, so take that all with a grain of salt or two.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the reason i thought the camber was adjustable by the strut housing is the two bolts that hold it to the hub.on most other cars thats where the camber is adjusted,by the slotted mounting holes.do any of you other guys with lowered audis experience much tire wear on the inside of em'?

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
A few other notes...

The axles are different between the 90 and 4kq so you'd have to swap those I think... the 4kq uses a nut while the 90 uses a bolt (plus the splines may or may not be different.. not sure there).

No adjustment happens on those lower bolts... as far as I know they are just there to make removing the hub a relatively easy task. As Nate mentioned, the brake caliper mounting holes are different so you'd have to use 90 brackets.

HTH.. I plan on using type 89 FWD struts on my 4kq so I can use the BIRA brackets.. all the other 4kq suspension stuff will bolt up to those.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok,thanks guys for the info :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts