Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok another electrical Issue post, sorry for Spamming all you guys! The sunroof in my 1989 200 will work every once in a while. the light for it will come on, then it will turn off. I opened it once when the light was on and went to close it about 15 minutes later, but it wouldn't close. When it did open and when i finally got it closed the motor ran fine and strong. So it must be something in the wiring, right? Some direction as to what to fix and how is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't have a bentley.... just started turning this car into a project planning on picking one up soon though. any pointers you can put me on from here....

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
buy a Bentley now haha
a priceless piece

does the motor have power?
check the ground bolt
try jumping around the switch

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my2000apb said:
buy a Bentley now haha
a priceless piece

does the motor have power?
check the ground bolt
try jumping around the switch
planning on it! haha! thanks!

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
use google to search site:motorgeek.com

for 200 window and sunroof issues, they are tested etc the same way

youll have much better search results doing it that way

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
if your motor in your sunroof is taking a poo, remove the cover and look at the gear. it can get chewed up from time to time. I have spares for sale if you need one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kuma said:
if your motor in your sunroof is taking a poo, remove the cover and look at the gear. it can get chewed up from time to time. I have spares for sale if you need one.
Gear is fine. I think its just an issue in the wiring. As I have said. When I have gotten it to run, it runs totally fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts